450 Trex in a rage!

Dirk

I did something really really dumb last night! I was playing with my pitch settings ( On my DX8 )and made some adjustments. I also played with my throttle settings. I was in flight mode 1, with throttle hold on and as I did some adjustment on the TX, the heli started spooling up. I crapped myself of course as it was on the kitchen counter. I immediately checked throttle hold (Which was still on). Anyway, I tried to grab this rabid Trex by the rotor head so that I could pull the battery. Of course as I did that, the heli started spinning around, sweeping almost everything of the kitchen counter that it could get its fangs into. I managed to grab the rotor head and the tailboom at the same time and managed to pull the battery off. Luckily, my heli is set up for soft start and slow spool up.

This whole fight did not last more than 10 seconds, but felt like minutes!

Lesson learnt!!!! ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE MOTOR IF AND WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH YOUR SETTINGS on your TX! :rules:I normally do that, but must have had some brain fade last night.

Luckily there was no damage to the heli. I walked away with a dented ego and a red lash across my right hand. Must have been one of the rotor blades. :hurt:
As they say: Don't try this at home!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Glad it wasn't much worse. As stated, T-Hold is good, but is not a guarantee that it's not going to spool up on you.

Dirk

I suppose I was lucky last night. I almost joined Gaba and Westy's exclusive demolition and destruction club. LOL

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, it's not an exclusive club lmao. I have a monitor with a mark on it from a 500 spooling up on me doing this EXACT same thing. Unfortunately I didn't have soft start on that thing though. And again unfortunately, one of the boards in that monitor caught on fire and destroyed the monitor. I have looked all over to replace it, no luck. Loved that 24" monitor lmao.

Dirk

Sorry about the monitor there Tony.

I think we should start an " I was a dumb-ass" section on the forum. Pretty sure we will have plenty of contributions.

Tony

Staff member
hehe, that would be the most popular section hahahahaha. I would be in there A LOT!!!

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I am a member if that same club. I found out that if you reverse CH 3 with t.h. on it goes straight full power.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
welcome to the club .. you are junior member from now on! :D hahahahaha :D :p

not hoping for other people to join

john2012

Banned
YEP that's what happenes to you when you have brain fad and yes it dose scare the heck out of you it happened to me on my 400 class heli and it still not fixed....REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT TWO MOTOR WIRES THAT IS A MUST FOR SAFTEY?????????????????????????????????????///

Stambo

Sorry about the monitor there Tony.

I think we should start an " I was a dumb-ass" section on the forum. Pretty sure we will have plenty of contributions.

You will probably find just about every member of this forum could be a contributor of this section.
I am for sure. :)

Top Bottom