450 Trex Dominator srvo's slow and hunting.

dustoff02

Hi,
I'm trying to set up my TREX 450 Dominator and getting nowhere fast.
I followed the instructions as well as looking at setup video's to make sure I get it setup correctly.
I made a jig to ensure that the servo arm is 90 degrees to the case. The sub trims are as follows:
Aileron 76
Elevator 15
Pitch 31
I tried to reset the aileron arm for less sub trim, but if I move it one notch, it's the same sub trim, just in the opposite direction. I don't have any additional arms to try, I only have JR and I think the servos are made by Savex.
I measured the links with a micrometer to make sure they're the same and leveled the swash plate with the tool.
When I check the travel, I have 1.3 degrees more positive than negative. I've lowered the swash plate but I still have the same difference and can't lower it any more.
I don't understand why lowering the plate makes any difference as I have to raise the pitch arms an equal amount to maintain zero pitch, the next effect is zero.
I figured I'd live with the difference and went into setup.
With the pitch at 0 (actually +.3 is as close as I can get it since Aligns ball link can only be adjusted one full turn at a time),
the DIR light is on, I press it to go to Elev travel, move the stick, then to Elev Rev and this is where things really go bad. The servo's start hunting around slowly and eventually settle down with a forward/left tilt on the swash plate. When I move the fuse down all the servo's start moving in random directions, eventually ending up with the plate in full up position.
When I go to Ail, the plate returns to the neutral position, I move the stick them press the button to go to Ail Dir and the same thing happens again, the servos all hunt until finally stopping, this time the plate pitched down and to the right.
Obviously I'm new to all this and can't figure out what's going on. There's never a problem on the video's I've watched so I'm at a dead end.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jon

PS: I'm using a JR 12X TX and the built in receiver in the unit, also made sure the ECU battery is charged.

Graham Lawrie

That sounds pretty bad. If you are following all the instructions corretly?

When you do the set up, are you using a linear curve in your transmitter and no subtrims to start with?

Everything sounds way out. 76 is very high subtrim, normally a new servo arm should sort that.
When i first tried my set up of my 450 , visually i was way out with zero degrees visually, just me, when i got a digital pitch guage i was able to sort this:) old eyes not so good:)

A video of what is happening would help:)

hyperc10

I just finished setting up this version 4.0 and what a pain!!! I didn't have the probs you are but make sure all servos are plugged in to their respective ports, Make sure you have 100% travels,no sub trim,no click trims on radio for initial DIR set up and also before you go into ail and elev limits make sure you have 50in50out try this first and let me know what happens

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes I forgot to mention clear that radio completely I had some weird shared mixing going on between models that took me hours to pinpoint

Top Bottom