700 Trex 700E Pro DFC + 3GX with 6ch TX/RX (Futaba 6J)

Erfan

Hi guys

I'm looking into buying a Align Trex 700E Pro DFC (Super Combo with 3GX). Most places which sells this hell states that you need a 7ch TX/RX (seems to be Aligns description they all display). But looking into the 3GX manual it seems to work with 6ch TX/RX as well and from what I could see from your 3gx videos it should work with 6ch TX/RX.

It seems that the 7th channel will be used for a governor and from what I have understood that is not a must, specially if you are not flying 3D, right?

But still I'm not 100% sure so I wanted to ask around if you guys know if the above hell with 3GX will work with a Futaba 6J or do I need to get another TX/RX?

I'm looking into buying a Futaba 14SG later on but for now it would be good to know if I can fly around with the Futaba 6J I already have.

Thx in advance for any help!

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX will work with the 6ch Tx's, however, on a 700 size helicopter, you really want to run that governor. The last thing you want to do is over speed that head and toss a blade. And, it will help keep your head speed up when you do a hard pitch pump or something. But if you really want it, it will work with what you have now.

Erfan

Thx for the reply Tony!

So what you are saying is that I might as well invest some money and buy the governor sensor cable (10$) and a good TX that supports this?
If I understood you correctly, your concern was to much speed on the main blades and ability to keep correct speeds on a hard pitch change?

Just so that I really understand, will this still be an issue if I limit the throttle curve do give max 80% at full stick? Does that even matter or will I still have the same problems even if I make sure not to use full power by making sure that full stick only is 80%?

I am actually looking at a Futaba 14GS which has the S-BUS support (minimizing cables) and gov functions ( I guess that makes the settings easier).

Erfan

I just found out that the sensor seems to be for Nitro engines and not electric, it seems that you should use the governor function from the ESC instead...
So I guess from the ESC there is a wire which needs to be connected to the 3GX?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, my brain is not working. Very tired lmao.

On an electric helicopter like this, you will want to put a good ESC on it that has a good governor built in. The Castle ESC's are pretty good at this. You can just use your throttle curve to adjust the governor. I"m not sure exactly how to do this as I have not done it on these ESC's, but I'm sure you will get it.

Yes, you can limit your throttle curve, and run a V curve to help the bogging for now. Something like 80 70 60 70 80 will help hold your head speed during high pitch movements and it will also reduce the throttle as you are coming back to 0 pitch.

Top Bottom