600 Trex 600N

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Thanks Fellas! I have maiden the bird and is one nice machine. Sorry no vids since I don't own a vid camera..:( one day fellas. I was cut short on flight due to rain and I still need to adjust some things. Gaba the Gov is working great but still needs some tweaking, hopefully this weekend. a fella nitro flier said I should keep my throttle curve V and not straight. 100-95-90-95-100

danhampson

i thought if you are using the ikon gov it wont make any difference as 75%-100% throttle curve = gov speed 3.
so running a V curve will still keep the throttle within the speed 3 range

pvolcko

Yeah, if you're running gov then you should run a flat throttle curve. V will do nothing for you.

Only reason it might be good if is somehow the gov sensor gave out in flight? Methinks you got big problems at that point, though.

Last edited:

danhampson

i dont think it would even do that, if the governor sensor gives out the ikon thinks theres no stick input so it auto time, AFAIK.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
You are correct the V is as they say if gov/sensor gives out and a that point im screwed. I am using magnet straight to the Gov port of IKON " hope this is a good thing". but when I bench test with IKON to PC it does not detect the magnets and gov does not show any signs of life..WTH! GABA/Gents help here. it seems that my Maiden was all throttle with no gov. not my cup of tea, I want to run Gov.

Just a note on wiring. as stated magnet is straight to gov port and servo throttle of course is to throttle port on ikon. am I missing something here on radio programming?

Last edited:

pvolcko

Radio programming probably not. May be an Ikon setup issue though. I remember for the electric gov setup I needed to set a flag in the advanced section to indicate it was an electric motor, not nitro/gas. Also, in order for it to detect the presence of the sensor setup I had to spin the head pretty good by hand, then the rev indicator in the advanced gov section would show up with a number or two.

I'm not sure if for a magnet/hall-effect sensor setup if there is anything that needs to be inline between it and the Ikon. On the electric setup a motor phase sensor/rpm sensor was needed, of course.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
well elec is not checked for sure. I spun the motor with the starter and it still wont give out a number or two. also when GOV is checked on either three banks it takes the throttle servo to reach high throttle a pretty long time, but when I uncheck the gov on the banks the servo is back to normal I can go to low and high throttle pretty fast. Grrr! I will shoot a vid tonight.

Tony

Staff member
Is your sensor reading the fan, or the clutch? If the fan, then cranking the engine over with teh starter will work. If the magnets are on the clutch, then you need to spin the head to get teh clutch spinning. I know Gaba's Vibe has the magnets on the clutch bell, but my 600 has them on the fan that is bolted to the engine. Hope this helps.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
its on the fan..does the sensor connect direct to the IKON/any controller or do I need a sensor in between fan and ikon.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It connects directly but check the pin out. It's not a conventional spektrum or servo type pin out.. Check the three wires, abd make sure signal ground and power are where they are supposed to be

After flight, did you check if magnets were still there .. ? Sometimes those suckers fly away cause they were not installed with a good glue or epoxy.

And as far as that "V" curve is concerned, 100-95 isn't gonna make any difference at all :) nitro V curves look like 100-80-60-80-100 . The mid point is quite a bit lower, and that's to prevent overspending.. Which your friend intends for it to prevent if gov doesn't work.. But with ikon it's not possible to run that low if a mid point as that basically means governor has three head speeds

But it's not hurting you running 100-95-.. It's just not gonna help at all at a gov failure :)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
wires are per ikon specs ..signal-gnd-pos as for the magnets, they are there. the bird flew good with the beast x and held its head speed.

pvolcko

You enabled the governor for the bank setting you are using, right? One of the last screens where you setup the three settings banks I believe there is a checkbox for governor enable as well as self level enable for the bank.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
yes I have..I will be taking it apart tomorrow to see what I can do. It seems that Ikon is not sensing the magnets which is causing that weird throttle issue. so I think..lol

Last edited:

danhampson

When I had fitted my gov sensor (hobbywing rpm phase sensor) I had to reverse 2 of the wires to get it to work with my ikon, hut I've read that the align hall sensor is supposed to work straight out of the box.

Tony

Staff member
If you have a sensor that requires forward voltage to work, then the Ikon will not power it. Found that out the hard way with the multigov and the Align sensor.

Top Bottom