Trex 600N IKON test#2

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Testing out new servo throw rates settings on IKON. Lost orientation at one point and had to use SL.

Last edited by a moderator:

pvolcko

Re: Trex 600N IKON

Yes, it was a hellacious storm from the limited news coverage I've seen of it. I'm wondering if the media will crank up a big fund raising effort like they did for Haiti when the earthquake hit there.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Yes, it was a hellacious storm from the limited news coverage I've seen of it. I'm wondering if the media will crank up a big fund raising effort like they did for Haiti when the earthquake hit there.

Ya! efforts are on going already. They say its the biggest ever recorded.

Ken Jackson

Looks good Anthony. So you like the SL? Seemed to work OK for me but my Ikon is sitting on a shelve waiting for my next helicopter. Probably won't happen till spring.
Ken

damhdearg

Hey that's a great field you have, a few spectators too. I have a 600 n esp setup with the msh Brain too.
I also have a 600 n LE airframe to build as a backup and Im really on the fence about the dfc head. How do you like the dfc? What head speeds are you running? I'm happy at 1850 but I have a swash driven head. Weather permitting i'll try out a couple hundred more this weekend just for fun.
Are you running the os 55 and align pipe? Your getting there with the backwards circuits.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

Hey that's a great field you have, a few spectators too. I have a 600 n esp setup with the msh Brain too.
I also have a 600 n LE airframe to build as a backup and Im really on the fence about the dfc head. How do you like the dfc? What head speeds are you running? I'm happy at 1850 but I have a swash driven head. Weather permitting i'll try out a couple hundred more this weekend just for fun.
Are you running the os 55 and align pipe? Your getting there with the backwards circuits.

Thanks bro! Our field is not as pretty as yours...lol As of the DFC head..its pretty good in my opinion, just have to remember to keep that head tight with some stiff dampers.
I am running the OS MAX-55HZ-R with the Hatori pipe, head speed at 2050 IU1 and 1900 at norm.

damhdearg

Very cool, I could hear a difference from mine and I think its more the hatori pipe than the headspeed. I just have an align pipe with the 55 hz. Hoping to get some videos this weekend. What fuel are you running? Im on 20% optifuel.
I've always wondered too is the new dfc kit(if thats what your flying) setup as direct to swash servos?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

I am running 30% with a #8 plug . No its not direct per say like the electrics. there is the lever arms between the swash and servos. your EFL is direct swash to servo correct? its just the design of nitro compared to electric.

damhdearg

Cheers, no I have two 600n both with the push pull set up, I never found a picture with the servo setup of the new nitros and always wondered. Cheers

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Re: Trex 600N IKON, test #2

Field test #2..Roll rates and tail are still a little slow. Got gov all squared away, but of coure you cant tell because I do not know what happen to audio. wish I would have brought my laptop to the field to adjust the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the bad camera action..

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom