600 TREX 600 Whoa's - TEhy say things happen in Three's ... well they be right!

Westy

LEGEND
Hey all .... have just got back in from flying the 600 and I have got to say I am lucky she is still in one piece!

Lucky I have an EC3 as my receiver battery connector as I know now that they are nearly bullet proof!

Anyway .... was flying .... set up my cam at home to show you guys ....

Issue one: Was doing a series of forward and backward and aileron loops continuously and "BANG THWACK!"

The Servo(RX) battery had flown out of the holder and the Main Rotor slammed into it at full RPM.....

Good news is .... It was hanging still connected to the EC3 (THEY ABSOLUTELY ROCK) and I landed it.

you can see the chop mark in the battery but it is till in good working order!

Issue TWO: I went to look at the Video ....... and the BL#$Dy lens slider was still shut! "DOH!!!!!! - WHAT A GOOSE!"

Issue 3: I went to fly it again and the RX batt only had one red LED fired up .... "DOUBLE DOH!!!!!! - WTF???"

Issue 4...
Got home and went to charge the RX battery in a rush .... and ...... "SMOKE FIZZ HISS...."

I had not taken the 2200 3s I had charged this morning ..... off the parralell board and .... it was Juicing up my 2s RX batt to the max ..... the wires to the board fizzed and fried and melted ... and I wrenched it all out shorting its head off ... and eventually pulled the glowing red wires out with y fingers which got burnt to a crisp in the process!!!!

It is almost something you see in a comedy .....
any way .... ​DONT TRY THAT AT HOME .... ALWAYS STRAP DOWN YOU RX BATT AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SET OF FULLY CHARGED BATTERIES >>>> ALL OF EM!

wolfman76

wow good save westy and i know that burnt finger feeling on glowing wires all to well!!! hurts like a mother...

Westy

LEGEND
Sure does! ..... hahah .... am happy to be still in possesion of a one piece heli ..... there is no place for Complacency in this hobby .... too much at risk.

Westy

LEGEND
Its all good ..... No harm done! Heli gets to live another day! More fool me for not doing a good enough pre-flight check! - TAKE NOTE PEOPLES

Lee

Very lucky escape. I forgot to strap down my main batteries in my 500 once. Found out during tic tocs when they fell out while inverted, hit the canopy which fell into the blades. Smashed up the canopy, bent the flybar, but managed to get it back upright and auto'd down safely.

stokke

A very lucky escape! Would've been interesting to see the battery getting whacked by the blades, never seen that before LOL :D

Be glad your bird is in one piece Westy :D

Graham Lawrie

Bet my first crash in my 600 will top that LOL You hit the nail on the head with pre-flight checks:) Glad everything is ok :)

Westy

LEGEND
Can't wait to see your vids of you flying .... I just took 3 of todays flights. Put a 12 tooth Pinion on to test it out.

wolfman76

lol i have a 17tooth pinion waiting to go on my 500 once i get better with it...

- - - Updated - - -

for 3d flying

Tony

Staff member
Depends on what pinion you are running now and how hot it's getting. But the bigger the pinion the less power you are putting to the head and the more heat the motor will create.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If you change the pinion to one that big you'll have to change the main gear also. At least that's what I've been told. It was suggested that with the motor I have for my 700 that I change the pinion and main gear to get the rpm's up into the torque range of my motor. With an electric you should stick with what you have for the motor you have.

Tony

Staff member
Kyle, if you are wanting more power for some of the "smack 3D", then you need to keep your stock pinion and go up on the wattage of the motor to keep it from bogging. Something like the scorpion motor would be best running 8s or higher.

canongraphy

Wait Westy!.... I thought if it wasn't on film it didn't happen LOL seriously I am glad you and the 600 are ok and hings didn't end up worse!
Be Safe!

Top Bottom