600 TREX 600 Misbehaving - What the ?????

Westy

LEGEND
Hey guys and gals....

I was out flying today (as I do every day) and ran through 2 batteries and on the Third.... the heli was pitching forward like someone was give it forward cyclic. I was hands off the controls and had to apply elevator and a little aileron to get it stable.

I stripped the head off and inspected all the components all OK . All BAll Joints ok.

here is the vid of the inspection and swash check.

Might just put it back together and see if it does it again.

Anyone had this issue before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Lee had an issue similar to this. He was doing some light 3D and stripped out the servo horn. Check all of your gears in yoru servos, make sure the wheels are not stripped out and make sure you didn't bend a linkage. That is about all I can think of unless you clicked a few clicks of trim.

Westy

LEGEND
I Think I might have solved the issue .... I was thinking while driving on night shift (just got in actually 5.43 am Thursday 10th Jan) and I think I might have flicked my radio off quickly and turned it back on .... usually the AR7000 will stop responding and you have to reinitialise the complete heli ... but the light was solid.... perhaps that is it.

I will check out all servos ... but they are all Titanium and I have not ever come even close to smashing them or touching anything....

RandyDSok

I've also seen DSM2 receivers get glitched by interference ... just ask Tony about it, in fact, he has a video on here somewhere when his airplane's elevator channel got hit by interference or something similar a couple of times at the flying field we were at... I'm thinking it was his Fliton Edge but I'm not positive now... First time it happened, we considered it may have just been his thumb ( maybe, but didn't really think it was )... next time we were pretty certain it wasn't him.

Tony

Staff member
It was actually with my Extra 260. Below is the video of it. When I'm coming in for a landing, you can see the plane nose down, then you see me give it full elevator which you can see in teh bottom of the video. I'm still not convinced that it was a short brown out and not the wind pushing the plane, but there have been multiple planes lost due to brownout's in that part of the field. So it's still not out of the question.

Extra 260 Onboard Flight. Almost Crashed 3 Times lol - YouTube

Top Bottom