600 Trex 550E Tail Control Rod CA???

Bruno

The manual indicates using CA to affix the tail control rod sleeve to the carbon fiber tail control push rod (p.11).

Any suggestions in this regard? Is this the HF collective recommended assembly?

Tony

Staff member
Is this the HF collective recommended assembly?

What do you mean by HF?

And yes, CA is what is used to affix the ends to the CF rod. Even on the TT shaft, you will use CA to affix the bearing to the center of the shaft.

Bruno

What do you mean by HF?

And yes, CA is what is used to affix the ends to the CF rod. Even on the TT shaft, you will use CA to affix the bearing to the center of the shaft.

Sorry..."HF" should have been "CF" for Carbon fiber. Thanks for your feedback however, I am not asking about the bearing or ends. Instead, I am asking about the metal sleeve that comes in the kit and fits over the CF rod and is clamped by the tail control guide.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, now I see what you are talking about. Yes, you will do the complete tail adjustment and get the tail linkage rod exactly centered, then you will center the sleeve to the guide and glue it to the CF rod. A very small drop is all that is required. Just for verification, the picture below is what you are referring to, yes? First time I have seen this sleeve.

tail sleeve.jpg

tail sleeve.jpg

Bruno

Ah, now I see what you are talking about. Yes, you will do the complete tail adjustment and get the tail linkage rod exactly centered, then you will center the sleeve to the guide and glue it to the CF rod. A very small drop is all that is required. Just for verification, the picture below is what you are referring to, yes? First time I have seen this sleeve.

View attachment 8309

Yes. That's the piece. It was suggested that I simply put some tape on the sleeve and tighten it up with the guide to allow the rod to slide through the sleeve instead. Just not sure if this may cause the CF rod to fray.

Tony

Staff member
I would be worried that it would fray with continued use. Not something that you want to have break in the air. If you want to test it out, you can always secure the sleeve to the rod with some hot glue. This is easily removed (compared to CA lol) if you want to try it the other way. However, if I had this heli, I would want the metal rubbing the plastic guide. Remember that carbon fiber is conductive, and could cause interference if running inside that metal sleeve. Very slight chance, but it's still there.

pvolcko

I've run with and without that sleeve. And I did use a small drop of CA to hold it in place. I'm currently flying with it on. With or without, I wouldn't worry about it much. My guess is you'd have to log a lot of hours to notice any wear due to not having it in place.

Doum066

I did glued mine in place with CA as mentionned in the manual, no problem at all. I simply drop some oil drops to help the sleeve slide through the tail control guide.

Last edited:
Top Bottom