600 Trex 550E DFC V3 Electronics Help.

Doum066

That is a nice bird there bruno! :)

Only one recommendation i can do, i quickly read the thread, if it was mentionned someone, forgive me, but one setting i find important in the BX, it's in Parameter A settings, menu B if i remember, i'm at the office so don't remember exactly, but anyways it's the « Control Behavior » menu, i started learning flying CP Heli on my 450 Pro DFC, and i never changed this setting at first, it was a tough learning because the bird was way too nervous for me etc.. i then discovered that settings, i decided to try using the « Transmitter » option, which allow you to use your own Transmitter settings, this menu mainly affect D/R and Expo. So i came up with some positive expo to tame down the bird on my DX6i and now DX8. Or you can try the predefined settings, but the bad side of it, we can't know how much D/R or Expo each setting uses, the TX option allow you to personolise to your own comfort. I rather use my own settings and adjust as my learning process raise, so far i'm really pleased with my settings. It's a simple menu that can totaly affect the way your bird flies or feel.

Bruno

That is a nice bird there bruno! :)

Only one recommendation i can do, i quickly read the thread, if it was mentionned someone, forgive me, but one setting i find important in the BX, it's in Parameter A settings, menu B if i remember, i'm at the office so don't remember exactly, but anyways it's the « Control Behavior » menu, i started learning flying CP Heli on my 450 Pro DFC, and i never changed this setting at first, it was a tough learning because the bird was way too nervous for me etc.. i then discovered that settings, i decided to try using the « Transmitter » option, which allow you to use your own Transmitter settings, this menu mainly affect D/R and Expo. So i came up with some positive expo to tame down the bird on my DX6i and now DX8. Or you can try the predefined settings, but the bad side of it, we can't know how much D/R or Expo each setting uses, the TX option allow you to personolise to your own comfort. I rather use my own settings and adjust as my learning process raise, so far i'm really pleased with my settings. It's a simple menu that can totaly affect the way your bird flies or feel.

Excellent recommendation. I just checked it out in the manual. It is Parameter Menu B setting B ("control behavior").

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Post#41 reminded me about parameter B. Shoot...glad I got the post. It's like this build never ends. Nonetheless, all feedback has allowed for a more safe and successful maiden flight.

Thanks again

Tony

Staff member
On my 600, I started with the bone stock factory settings in the AR7200BX. Put it in the air, and boom, SOLID. I have not messed with the gyro again, it does exactly what I want it to do and then some. For a 550, I would leave it stock and try it out. You will be amazed at just how easy these big birds are to fly. If you decide to use "transmitter" in the BX, just be careful of what settings you are changing. As I stated, I would start with the BX settings first and get a feel for it. It will be no where near as twitchy as a 450

pvolcko

Nice build! Congrats!

Can you take a pic from the back of the frame? Interested to see how you have the ESC and FBL packed in there.

Bruno

BeastX Placement with pic and vibration detection?

Here is a pic of the FBL. There is about 1mm of space between the FBL and the bottom plate but nothing is touching the FBL.
I will get a pic of the ESC. It is inside the frame and zip tied.

Whattyathnk??550E EBL.jpg

550E EBL.jpg

Last edited:

pvolcko

Tight fit. :) Do you have issues programming it? Hitting the setup button or seeing the lights and all that?

Bruno

Tight fit. :) Do you have issues programming it? Hitting the setup button or seeing the lights and all that?

Nope. Actually quite easily accessible. Plus if the room is dark I can see the reflection/color of the light as it reflects off my wok table.

Do you think the 1mm space is enough to avoid any vibrations?

pvolcko

Should be, unless you have some wicked bad vibes happening, in which case their effect on the fbl is going to be the least of your concerns.

Bruno

Should be, unless you have some wicked bad vibes happening, in which case their effect on the fbl is going to be the least of your concerns.

The pic fails to make it easy to see that the fbl extends beyond the end of the bottom plate and is even with the end of its mounting plate.

Bruno

On my 600, I started with the bone stock factory settings in the AR7200BX. Put it in the air, and boom, SOLID. I have not messed with the gyro again, it does exactly what I want it to do and then some. For a 550, I would leave it stock and try it out. You will be amazed at just how easy these big birds are to fly. If you decide to use "transmitter" in the BX, just be careful of what settings you are changing. As I stated, I would start with the BX settings first and get a feel for it. It will be no where near as twitchy as a 450

Tony, do the BX parameter B, B setting pre-sets also set the gyro gain? If so, how do you set the gyro gain within the transmitters? Does the BX pre-set over ride any and all associated radio settings?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Taking about 7200bx, the parameter B does not define gyro gains . It is about d/r and expo. It overrides that. If you use transmitter , only then program d/r and expo on the radio , for a good linear response. If you want beastx to use its presets then disable those in Tx and use one of the modes

Beastx tail gain is the only thing controllable from Tx and no there is no override

Cyclic gain is adjusted from the pot 1

Tony

Staff member
Yup, what Gaba said. Took me a minute to figure that out on mine, but it is in the Tx.

heli-maniac

Nice flight video. Looked locked in solid. Are you able to share your pitch and throttle settings for normal and IU (sounded like you have two IU)?

Thanks.
In Normal mode
Throttle curve i run is 0,27,52,60,60
pitch curve 39,48,50,75,100
IDU1 TC is flat 70
Pitch is 0,25,50,75,100
IDU2 TC flat 90
Pitch curve the same as IDU1
This is on a DX8
will very on TXs and set up

Bruno

In Normal mode
Throttle curve i run is 0,27,52,60,60
pitch curve 39,48,50,75,100
IDU1 TC is flat 70
Pitch is 0,25,50,75,100
IDU2 TC flat 90
Pitch curve the same as IDU1
This is on a DX8
will very on TXs and set up

Jesse, are you able to successfully do flips and rolls with your IU settings?
I am curious as to what is more critical with flips and rolls, head speed or cyclic stick management.
Do you just go full cyclic and hold it there through the flip/roll or do you moderate for positive and negative cyclic pitch?
Thanks.

pvolcko

For stationary flips and rolls you generally hold cyclic in the same spot through the maneuver. The trick is properly adjusting collective to hold it stationary, instead of zooming up or down, out or in.

For forward flight flips and rolls, you also hold a cyclic position, but I find I tend to adjust through the loop, particularly on the down leg as it picks up speed again. Forward flight rolls I hold a cyclic position throughout without adjustment. Again, collective management is key in all of this. IF you do it right you will need little or no cyclic adjustment, except for correction for wind or bad entry attitude.

Head speed... not so important. You can do all of these types of maneuvers at low or high headspeed and generally you shouldn't be inducing much of any headspeed slow down. If you are, then you are probably being too aggressive with the collective.

heli-maniac

Jesse, are you able to successfully do flips and rolls with your IU settings?
I am curious as to what is more critical with flips and rolls, head speed or cyclic stick management.
Do you just go full cyclic and hold it there through the flip/roll or do you moderate for positive and negative cyclic pitch?
Thanks.

I can do flips in IU1 but its the head speed and collective management is what counts
The pitch transfer is what your looking for to hold it in one spot .And the cyclic to the speed you want it to flip at
Hope that helps I'M no pro at flying to really say how it all works together i just do it

Top Bottom