FBL Gyro Trex 550E DFC & Beastx Menu L??

Bruno

So I successfully completed menu L.

This is my first heli with a BeastX.

However, my Trex 450s were set up with limited cyclic at 9 degrees and collective at 11degrees. I am a sport flyer.

Seems with BeastX the L setup results with maximum cyclic at about 17 degrees.

How do I go about taming this down to my personal preferences?

Transmitter (DX6i) Aileron and Elevator D/R limits?

Still seems like the cyclic stick will be hyper--responsive.

Please help. I have yet to get this huge bird in the air and I want I to be a successful maiden flight.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bruno

L is just teaching the BX the swash Limits it dose not adjust for your flying style

On my 450 with 3GX FBL I adjusted the cyclic to 9 degrees. The BeastX doe snot seem to allow for such an adjustment. How do I limit the cyclic to say 9 degrees?

Thanks.

Bruno

In step K adj to 9
or Adj the pitch curve on the TX so that i only has 9

It's not the collective I want to limit it's the aileron and elevator. My collective is at 11 and I would like Aileron and elevator to max out at 9.

Thanks.

heli-maniac

Well I dont Know why you want to Keep changing things on it
The Ar7200Bx is Factory set for sport Flying
I will not try and help any More it is in black and white in the manual

Tony

Staff member
As I have stated, the factory stock AR7200BX settings are perfect for sport flying. Set it STOCK first, fly it a few times and adjust from there.

Bruno

I want to have a better sense of the exact settings by using transmitter mode.

However, I will give the sport mode a try.

Seems a bit awkward not to know settings with such precision equipment and electronics.

Bruno

After doing some research I learned there is a good bit of information about this particular BX function. There is also some debate based on experience with regard to setting the maximum swash points. I also learned that while on the bench the BX will max out the cyclic pitch independent of Tx setting. It's only during flight that the BX will respond to Tx settings. Otherwise, the BX will utilize the identified maximum pitch as it adjusts to flight conditions. This its just my simple understanding of what is a sophisticated electronic system.

Last edited:

pvolcko

And keep in mind, in flight, when you give a cyclic input, your not telling the Rx to move the swash to a specific angle (or induce a specific blade angle) proportional to the deflection of the stick. You're telling it to roll at a given rate in the ail or ele directions. The BXwill attempt to maintain that roll rate by adjusting the swash angle throughout to compensate for dynamic changes in flight (wind, greater force of gravity on the roll rate when skids pointing to the horizon, etc.) for however long you hold the stick there.

For this reason, you really should not be thinking or caring about your cyclic pitch angles in setup. Set the cyclic ring limits to as much as you can. Theses are upper limits and will be physical maximum limits for how much cyclic deflection the BX will use while compensating to meet the roll rate you are indicating with the cyclic input. You then control your actual roll rates in flight with D/R and servo travel limit on ail and ele channels. If you want it to have higher roll rate at maximum stick position, increase your D/R or travel setting. Decrease if you want it lowered. Adjust expo to control the sensitivity around center.

The flight mode setting on the BX can be useful to select a pre-programmed batch of these roll rate settings while your Tx is at 100/100 on these settings. But even in those modes you can use expo, D/R and servo travel settings to manipulate things to your liking.

Personally, I fly in transmitter mode on the BX so I can easily adjust all this stuff in the Tx without behind the scenes manipulations by the BX.

Bruno

And keep in mind, in flight, when you give a cyclic input, your not telling the Rx to move the swash to a specific angle (or induce a specific blade angle) proportional to the deflection of the stick. You're telling it to roll at a given rate in the ail or ele directions. The BXwill attempt to maintain that roll rate by adjusting the swash angle throughout to compensate for dynamic changes in flight (wind, greater force of gravity on the roll rate when skids pointing to the horizon, etc.) for however long you hold the stick there.

For this reason, you really should not be thinking or caring about your cyclic pitch angles in setup. Set the cyclic ring limits to as much as you can. Theses are upper limits and will be physical maximum limits for how much cyclic deflection the BX will use while compensating to meet the roll rate you are indicating with the cyclic input. You then control your actual roll rates in flight with D/R and servo travel limit on ail and ele channels. If you want it to have higher roll rate at maximum stick position, increase your D/R or travel setting. Decrease if you want it lowered. Adjust expo to control the sensitivity around center.

The flight mode setting on the BX can be useful to select a pre-programmed batch of these roll rate settings while your Tx is at 100/100 on these settings. But even in those modes you can use expo, D/R and servo travel settings to manipulate things to your liking.

Personally, I fly in transmitter mode on the BX so I can easily adjust all this stuff in the Tx without behind the scenes manipulations by the BX.

Paul, Excellent explanation. Very helpful to my understanding. Thank you.

Top Bottom