600 Trex 550E DFC 3GX

Kevinrc

Hi there well tried to maiden my heli this W-E but couldn't. As soon as it start spooling up the heli tilts to the left so I had to apply right Aileron when leveled then it tilts to the right so I stopped it there and then. So I flew my AJ Slick instead I didn't feel like playing with the setup at the field we had just finished winterizing our shelter and I was pretty tired.

I just recheck my 3 GX setup tonight and all seems ok. DIR setup is ok and computer setup also. I do notice that when I'm in DIR setup the correction for the Elev., you know when tilting the heli back or forward is much more pronounced and faster than the Aile. movement. Everything moves in the proper direction though.

Anyone can help.

I had some posts before for servo twitching with the 3GX 4.0 with 3.1 now it's ok.

Tony

Staff member
Go into your computer program and set the ELE and AIL pots (on the gyro) to 105. Then, watch my flight mode videos and set the flight mode settings as I have them in the video. It will help out a lot. ,

Tony

Staff member
Yes, on the pots themselves, they only go to 100. But, in the software you want to set them to 105.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, it's the aileron and elevator gyro gain. You need to open up the 3GX software on your computer and connect your 3GX to your computer. In teh software, you need to scroll to the right until you can see all of the settings in the gyro. As you move the pots, you will see one of the sliders move for each pot. You need to set this number to 105 then fly it to see if it's better.

Kevinrc

OK Tony found it and set it up to 105 on each. I still find lets say I'm in normal flight mode if I tilt the heli forward the gyro corrects properly pretty faster but sideways it barley moves and is slow to come back. I'll try to put up a video.

Tony

Staff member
The slow to come back is completely normal. It's all about how it feels in the air. Just be ready for it. 105 is right on the edge of perfect and too much gain resulting in elevator or aileron shake. So if it happens, be ready for it and just land it like normal. If you don't have any wag, you need to raise the ele or ail gain by 5% and try it again. Once you get wag, back it down 5% and leave it there. Only adjust one pot at a time.

Kevinrc

Ok Tony I will hopefully try it this W-E if weather permits. I should be able to react fast enough, I'm no Szabo but I can do rolls and loops and started doing tic tocs on my 450.

Kevinrc

Hey it's been a while but still haven't flown the Trex. Just a short résumé. I tried to fly it and had the stupid rudder(or me) reversed so broke the tail blades and the umbrella gear, go that fixed. Went to try it again now it hovered for all but 5 seconds then it went 90° very fast and of course crashed(it was only about 2 feet high). Broke the main blades and two sets of servo gears. The guys at the club gave me some pointers so I re-installed the 3GX with a new Align sticky tape/aluminum plate/ another sticky tape. Also made sure my wires were loose just next to the 3GX. Now they told me to use v 2(.1) they use it and have no problems. I redid the whole setup following your videos Tony but now my motor doesn't turn any more. Has per Mr. Akins from Castle Creation I tried with another RX and it works. So I upgraded back to 3.1 and now it works.

Anyone ever seen that happened?

Sorry it's a long story but I'm getting desperate to fly this thing(got it in Sept.). I might be able to borrow a Beast X to try it or even, as another friend suggested get a Vbar, the mini would do apparently?

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the first outing, the rudder was reversed, and the second, one of the cyclics were reversed. Make sure to always triple check all of the control corrections.

As for the throttle not working, I'm thinking you may have gotten a botched download, or missed a step. 2.1 is a great firmware, but 3.1 is more stable in the air but hates to be on the ground. IMO, I would try 2.1 again just to see if you can get the motor working.

Top Bottom