General trex 550 vs 600

danhampson

I'm thinking of doing a scale build and was wondering if the only differences between the 550 and 600 are boom, torque tube and boom supports, I know that the 550 is 6s and 600 is 12s and am thinking that 6s would have plenty of power for scale flight. And save some money on batteries.

Last edited:

flysolo

If you get the latest 550 dfc you get the exact same tail(boom, torque, supports) as on the 600

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
a 600 scale body is I think easier to find. But a 550 is the same electric setup and power with a little less weight.. A heavier scale body though, you mmight have to go with bigger blades for more lift.. and that will again tilt the scales towards 600 frame

danhampson

Its looking like I will be going with 600 mechanics as I've found a scale head from a French company, that is perfect but a bit pricey. Looks like this will be a cool project.

danhampson

Cheers gaba. Project is going to start at the end of the month I've decided to go with a trex 500 for the mechanics, still with a scale head. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been doing a lot of research over the last week, looking at different colour schemes , scale rivets and weathering.
I will start a new thread in the 500 forum once I've got some of the stuff together.

Top Bottom