General Trex 500e vs Trex 500 Pro parts

Derek

I have this helicopter:

T-Rex 500E Super Combo KX017014 (Gyro, Servos, Motor, ESC)

The tail is belt drive.

I want to replace the stock plastic tail with all metal tail but I'm having troubles finding all the parts for the 500e, that I need, at one location. Some sites have tail parts for the 500e and the 500 Pro. What's the difference?

I'm also considering changing from the belt drive tail to the torque tube. Yes, in a crash, the belt drive would be cheaper to replace....and yes, if the tail touches the ground, the belt drive is liable to just slip, whereas the torque tube is likely to strip gears. Not sure yet.

I'm just tired of the reoccurring wag that my 500 always seems to develop and I'd like to make some upgrades. Will the upgrades solve the reoccurring wag? I dunno....but it sure will look prettier, lol.

Any thoughts on this?

Graham Lawrie

I have just rebuilt mine Derek with the Brain and still to test it:) Mine is torque tube and metal tail and it is sweet, but prior to the Brain I had a big tail wag issue, stripped everything and changed all bearings. Waiting for dry weather this week to spool up :)

Graham Lawrie

A fair few from what I can see but mostly interchangeable parts:) I think the tail boom and the main tail rotor on the DFC pro are new design? A lot of the plastic parts are metal. Not sure if the tail boom is the same as the 600. Mine is shorter as is the torque tube:)

Slobberdog

Graham I think you got your 550 mixed up with the 500 that Derek is on about,

I can't get a definitive on whether the front tail boom box from the pro will fit on the old style 500e if you are considering it Derek just order the front boom box for the pro that will fit the bevel gear assy's and see if it lines up with the holes in your frames,

Top Bottom