500 Trex 500E Pro with MD500 Scal body with 3GX

sludge

I am looking for recommended flight mode settings for my 3GX please. Align sell the combo but there are no recommended start out settings for this kit.

Tony

Staff member
Have you seen my flight mode settings videos? If not, click on the articles tab at the top of the forum and select 3gx on the left side.

sludge

Have you seen my flight mode settings videos? If not, click on the articles tab at the top of the forum and select 3gx on the left side.

Hi Tony,

I went through all your videos. The values you presented were for a 450. I am looking for a 500 specific value.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing I would change o
Is the model size. If you are experienced in flying, then lower the bars down to about 45-50 instead of 70.

sludge

The only thing I would change o
Is the model size. If you are experienced in flying, then lower the bars down to about 45-50 instead of 70.

Awesome. Just given it a stick with your recommended at 30, 30, 50, 50, 35, 35 and I like the feel.

Almost trashed the heli though when I took it to idle up for the first time. The tail kicked hard 90! Is there a soft spool from normal to idle up on the 3GX?

Tony

Staff member
Not in the 3gx. This would be done with the esc. And align ESC's won't do it. The only one that I have used to do it is the YEP.

sludge

Not in the 3gx. This would be done with the esc. And align ESC's won't do it. The only one that I have used to do it is the YEP.

Well at least I have the swash so locked in that it there is no nose or tail dip. I should be able to do it on my Futaba 8FG

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I think you can do it in the servo menu under speed. Just remember, it will always be that slow so a bail out could be hurt. But it would stop the tail blow out.

holtneil

HI sludge, I hope you know it one of the site rules you must post a video of it flying , she sounds really nice I cant wait to see her

sludge

HI sludge, I hope you know it one of the site rules you must post a video of it flying , she sounds really nice I cant wait to see her

I will upload a video as soon as the body has been installed. I still want to fly off a few my packs to be sure that bird is locked in good and solid.

Top Bottom