500 trex 500

john49

Hi guys i am getting a t rex 500 flybarless heli,its a second hand one but great condition i have seen it in action.My problem is i will have to set it up with my tx which is a spektrum dx6i i never had a flybarless system before so has anyone ever set one up if so any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

Lee

Hi John,
What flybarless system is on it? 3GX? Most of the specific FBL setting will be given in the manual of the system you are using. If you don't have it, i'm sure you can download it. Other than that you will just have to set the Dual rates and expo.
Let me know which unit you have and i will help you set it up.

RMB677

Try going onto the Horizon Hobby site and see if they have a PDF manual for the heli, they carry T-Rex. If they have a manual it might have some settings to start with. If not, try the manual for the Blade 500 series, at least it'll give you a starting poing.

murankar

Staff member
As with any settings they are starting points. I have re done my settings a lot. In fact I just rs did my expo and now I feel like it flies better. After the hardware upgrade it become more responsive and had to calm it down again.

john49

Thanks lee i believe its the 500 combo if that makes sensae i will get more info when i go to pick it up

Tony

Staff member
What they are wanting to know is what gyro is on it. There were two on this heli, the 3G and the 3GX for the flybarless. And each has a different setup. Look on your gyro and see if it has the red X. If it does, then it's the 3GX. If not, then you have the 3G. Unless it has another gyro that is.

john49

Sorry for the delay in answering, i finally got my trex 500 it has the 3g on it the guy in the lhs set it up for me. i can now hover it without crashing love it no more cheap helis for me

Tony

Staff member
It's amazing what a good heli can do! Keep up the great work and post up some videos for all of us to watch!

Top Bottom