500 Trex 500 servo binding

Derek

I just finished taking apart my 500 for some preventative maintnance and I'm noticing some binding. I dont know what the particular pieces are called, but here is a video of whats going on.

Trex 500 curious question - YouTube

Just so that it is said...I made no changes to any of my linkages nor any of the settings in my Tx, but I noticed this binding when I was checking things over.

whatchya think???

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
First of all I would start from scratch. Put it in idle up. Then put your stick at mid point. Get out you pitch gauge. You should have 0 pitch. If not that's your problem. Your not centered on you stick. Adjust your links on the swatch one turn a piece evenly till you get 0 pitch. Then recheck your binding.

If you have 0 pitch at mid stick, then your end points are off in the tx or. Your not 90 degrees on your servos.

wolfman76

to answer your question on what the part is is i think it is the washout i think am i right sam???

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That binding can only be removed by reducing your pitch range. You sure your highest pitch is at 12? And like Sam said that the mid stick is 0??

That is the washout pin for the swash follower hitting the head yoke.. Not ideal .. Means you are hurting the servos anytime you go full 12 degrees.. Which I don't know if you are at all I'm flight.. Even in idle up, till you are all the way up stick, you aren't seeing that in flight.. But definitely good to be resolved..

Westy

LEGEND
I just finished taking apart my 500 for some preventative maintnance and I'm noticing some binding. I dont know what the particular pieces are called, but here is a video of whats going on.

Trex 500 curious question - YouTube

Just so that it is said...I made no changes to any of my linkages nor any of the settings in my Tx, but I noticed this binding when I was checking things over.

whatchya think???

Hey Mate.... hope you enjoyed the Flying yesterday! .... yep I know what your problem is....

Question 1 . are you running the exact measurement for the links fro the servos to the Swash?
Question 2 ..are you getting 0 pitch at 50 in 50 out on your Transmitter? (Spektrum?) digital mid stick position.
Question 3 - what is your pitch degrees at lost stick in Idle up and what is it at full stick .... just before it binds.

- - - Updated - - -

to answer your question on what the part is is i think it is the washout i think am i right sam???

It is the Head Block. that is what the Washout base is hitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using a Spektrum TX?

If so .... go into the Swash mix and reduce the Pitch % ... I show it in one of my tutorials on setting up a Trex 600 head (Super Pro)

PArt 1

PArt 2

PArt 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Well its all been said already. If your pitch is even Neg and Pos with 0º at mid stick, you just need to reduce you swash pitch range %. Default is 60% + or -. Reduce it until the binding stops.

Derek

oh my goodness....i just seem to have the "problems" this weekend, lol. My web browser, my DX6i, my 500 is binding up..what's next???

However...I'm now using Firefox and all is well. My DX6i is behaving much better and all is well. As for my 500...my swash is and was level. My blade pitch max's out at 12 degrees both ways, so I did just lower the swash mix from 65% to 60%.

I had a YouTube friend ask me if I ever actually put my throttle stick all the way to the top while flying. He then commented that I probably don't do that so there is really no need to be concerned about that binding issue.

I have to be honest...I was less than pleased with that comment. This Trex 500 is "my" Trex 500. I saved for it. I paid for it. I built it. Since this heli is, indeed, my heli...and I know that "binding" is NOT a good thing...I simply wanted to make sure that my heli is in as good as it can be.

I appreciate the help everyone!

Top Bottom