500 trex 500 pro tail shake

Slobberdog

Lol went to click on video and the page moved I ended up clicking thanks.

Vibration seems to be on spool up and slow down, check to see if your bearing has moved in the tube, and all is tight, it seems to be ok at the higher speed when it gets there so doubt if it would cause you to much grief in the air,

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Seems to be harmonics setting in at a certain rpm. I would pick it up to a hover, and see how it does. If it's ok.. Don't worry about it.

If now, then balance all your blades and try again

holtneil

Hi Slobberdog thanks for the thanks i gave it back to you as well lol but thanks yes in flight it ok ,i stripped torque down the other day all is ok bearing still in middle and tight and spun head with no tail rotor torque tube moves a tiny bit , may be i am just look for things wrong to way i cant run V5 , this movement is all i can find and i cant remember if it did it when first tested
hover in the wind - YouTube

Slobberdog

the bearing should not be in the centre, its off centre a small amount (1.5cm) in front of neutral, to stop the harmonics of the torque tube,

cml001

Agreed... Check blade balance, TT bearing.. I use 2.. Offset as stated. Could just be she doesn't like that headspeed.. As it passes it and ramps up it seems to go away.

holtneil

Hi guys ,yes slobberdog your right and i moved bearing as align manual and, its still there but does go as head speed picks up , i think i will stop look as to why V5 dont like my 500 and just fly on the V3.1 its on now , looking at the brain , i will see how you get on Slobberdog ,keep me posted my friend

Tony

Staff member
All helicopters will have a specific harmonic vibration at a certain speed. The reason it's not doing it when spooling up is it's powering through it. On spool down, it sits in that harmonic window a little longer.

This is completely normal as long as it goes away when you reach about 50% throttle.

Lee

Looking at the tail fin on spool up, its steady as a rock.
So I wouldn't worry.
Only thing could be the main blades tension.
If they are too tight, they may not be straightening out as the centrifugal force builds up, causing a slight imbalance.

holtneil

Hi Lee i did the shake test on main blades i dont think they are to tight but will check again my friend , how loose do you guys have the tail blades ?

Ken Jackson

Tight enough they will give when you move them but never flop around. There is a high pitch wine and your motor has a deeper sound then my 500. Are you running the Align motor?

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what your head speed is?

holtneil

Hi mate yes motor and pinion , esc, etc is stock the only thing i did was give it a higher throttle at point 2 onwards so its 0,70,80,90,100
I have a tiny bit of play in main shaft i have the thicker spacer in but i cant get both spacers in as bolt wont go in main gear

Slobberdog

I use 0-40-70-70-70 for my normal throttle curve and it's plenty, most of the time on your curve your gonna be at about 85% while flying! but I defo think you would be better lowering your point 2 and flattening off your curve on points 3-5

holtneil

Hi mate so if you flatten it off and get in to problems do you have enough throttle to get out of it

Slobberdog

That's your normal curve for gentle fwd flight if your gonna be doing anything with rolls and loops etc you would use IU running a flat curve or small "V" like 90-90-85-90-90 and a linear pitch curve,

holtneil

Hi Slobberdog i have 3 curves running normal flight ,then sport flight and then stunt all are set as align manual other than normal which has a higher point 2

Slobberdog

Hi mate never been a fan of what they got in the manual, had more luck with what I shared, and idle up 2 which I have yet to use as 95-95-90-95-95

holtneil

Hi guys i am not a great flyer myself lol , i have not used the other 2 flight modes yet just fly in normal but i will change it Slobberdog to what you said makes more sense that the strange set up in manual , thanks for info , some one said my motor sounds strange did it sound strange to you would it be the helical gears make it sound like it does

Slobberdog

I fly mainly in IU when out side, and the 500 at 80 % has sick power,

Will have another look at video and see if I can hear anything

Top Bottom