500 Trex 500 Pro DFC and a Kbar

holtneil

Well guys the Kbar blue is fitted and working it is on default settings and has a small wobble on the rotor head gain is 60 I have lowered to 56 and will test tomorrow
If any one converts from the 3gx to the Kbar ,change the swash to a single servo 90 deg and gyro is on gear channel ,it so easy to set up and is super stable in flight
I also have the hobby king Yap 80amp OMG the soft start is as nice as the castle talon but its about 1/4 of the price but get the program card makes it so easy to set up , even to set up the governor mode is easy, its scary have it at full speed with no blades on , but once motor kicks thats the governor set up, I am running a low head speed 83% normal ,sport is 85% and idle up is 85%
So here is the boring video guys of the test hover ,watch how slow the soft start is really nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FNjmKoB1Ck

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have bank switching setup on the gear channel. You probably set any one of the gains to you gear channel depending on the radio. My goal is to test this theory. Down side I can't adjust tail gain until I hook up to the lappy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi mate I did try on my DX9 the only channel that would change the gain was the gear channel but on the 3gx I had to use aux2

murankar

Staff member
I can set my gear channel to any switch but its on channel 5. Channel 5 on my radio is used to adjust the tail gain. When I mapped it in vstabi I set it to gear, I think. I have not been on kbar that long so I can't say for sure.

With bank switching I had to set a few params in the radio and in vstabi to get it to work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Shes nice and stable holtneil, looking good! Man those are some immaculate trimmed shrubs there in the background...bet those are a pain to trim up....unless you use your helis to do so....:)

holtneil

Hi Rodney I had been thinking about the main blade of the 500 , but the hedge trimmer is cheaper only takes an hour the small tree the heli or quads keeps that to size.
Well took the 500 out in the wind to day and she behaves really nicely even in the wind, I fixed the drop it was pitch curve to greater change between points 1 and 2 allows heli to drop 2 feet or so now thats done , I also lowed the main rotor gain too its now 56% No wobble at all , The Hobby King Yap was on a slow heli start really nice for a scale heli 25 seconds spin up , To slow for pod and boom you fall asleep waiting lol, so Now on a medium start of 10 seconds , I am very impressed with both the hobby king Yap and the Kbar I am not using the built in Bec , I have a castle Bec to power Kbar and servos I am getting over 8 mins flight on normal mode if and when I master 3d I will lower flight time to match
When I can get the wing commander to come with me I will get a video

Top Bottom