500 trex 500 dfc

3five0

hello my helicopter tilt to the left before takes off and crash. do you guys have any experience on this problem? thanks

murankar

Staff member
We will need a bit more info. Things like fbl, fly bared, what gyro you have.

Just shooting from the hip it's probably a trim issue. With that said i would ensure the swash is level. If its not more than likely it's tilting to the left a little.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

3five0

It's trex 500 fbl with AR7200beastX receiver and Dx6i radio, all servos are made by Align, all is brand new. We had 3 successful flight, after that this issues happens. We had 3 crashes with the same issues. The helicopter was tune by GravesRc here in orlnado and the guy said it might be my radio is the problem. Everything was setup perfectly there is some reason this issues happen that tilts suddenly to the left before takes off and crash. Any suggestions to what seems to be the problem.

murankar

Staff member
I would still check the swash level. Members on here have had issues with hobby store setups and tunes.

I am not much of a beastx user so I can't help with that.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your gyro corrections are correct. Then you tilt the helicopter to the right, the swash should tilt left. A better way to look at it is the swash will always try to stay level. There is a setup mode in the BX to test this, as well as a mode where the swash will tilt and should remain in teh same tilt (north for example) no matter where the nose is facing.

One thing I can't stress enough, do not use trim or sub trim on your Tx with the BX. All trim should be done in the gyro, not the Tx. If you clicked the trim tabs, then this can be your problem. Make sure they are all centered and your sub trims are at 0.

3five0

The gyro are all in correct settings, swash plate are tilting in all correct directions that it should be when you move the heli like you said. Sub trim are all centered and 0's in the Tx. I know there is a lot of possibilities that can cause this problem but the guy from the hobby shop said it might be the TX, But I am using my TX with my Nano QX and it works fine. I don't know. Thanks!

murankar

Staff member
I would reprogram a new model in the tx and see if it still does the same thing. If not then there is a glitch in your program for that model.

pvolcko

Also check for vibrations. Take the blades off, spin it up, and if the swash is still tilting feel to see if there are some vibes.

3five0

I did tried to take the main blades off spin it up no vibtations and still doing it. Then when i tried to take the tail blades off and spin it up the swash tilting is gone but when i put it back the tail blades it does it again. Murankar i will try that what you said. thanks guys!

murankar

Staff member
If taking off the tail blades worked the try a new set of blades. Its possible The blades are out of balance.

pvolcko

Or a bad bearing in the tail section is creating a high freq vibration that is only being exposed with blades on. Def try a new set of blades. Oil up all the bearings in the tail (don't forget block too, if it is a torque tube system). Also, make sure the tail blades aren't too loose or too tight. Play around with that tension to make sure that isn't a cause of the vibes.

3five0

I got the Align brand carbon fiber new tail blades. Why am i going to change them.

- - - Updated - - -

All tail sections are brand new, As a matter of fact the helicopter is all brand new.

pvolcko

Because not all new things work right. Blades can be out of balance (they sort them into bins and then pull them in pairs for packaging, easy to miss sort) . Bearings not totally free. During assembly you may have accidentally got a bit of CA or loctite into a bearing race (radial or thrust).

Ken Jackson

What did you come up with? Sure sounds like a vibration problem from the tail. Also did you use the proper gyro adhesive to mount the gyro?

Ken

3five0

My problem stays. Now I don't know where to start to figure out what causing this problem. Very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

I did tried everything that you guys told me to do.

The only time I had an issue like that it was the gyro correction. I got an inch off the ground and it slammed hard left and wrecked. Now when I do my gyro correction I hold the helicopter tail facing me. That is the only thing I can think of.

You could try reprogramming the transmitter and gyro all over again????

pvolcko

On the Tx, in the monitor screen, for Ail, is the arrow pointing at the center of the range and reading 0 or within a point or two of 0 when the cyclic stick is released to center? If not make sure subtrim and trim are 0. If still not 0'd then you need to calibrate your Tx.

3five0

I just want to say thank you guys for all that advice that you gave me. I did fix my T-rex 500 finally! The only problem was the Turnigy Typhoon Motor. I don't know what it does to cause the tilting but I decided to changed it with the Align motor and I was surprised that the tilting is gone!! My Helicopter fly's very rock solid! now I can enjoy flying my Helicopter. Thanks again guy!!

pvolcko

Motor may have been out of balance or had a bad bearing in it, causing vibrations that was causing the tilting by the fbl unit.

Top Bottom