450 Trex 450l Initial Setup Help

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
if you use a remote receiver, you plug the esc into ch.5 on the microbeast.

This is what I've been thinking but I don't think the beastx would initialize if the wrong receiver type was set. However, if you factory reset the beastx it will default to standard receiver. Servo in the throttle port is a good idea for sure.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It will be something simple. A mate felt sorry for me, so he is permanently lending me a castle phoenix esc, too bad he doesn't have a spare receiver aswell. lol
Good mate you have to lend you an ESC. :hdbng:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have know him for a while, he is always saying ditch spektrum and go Radiomaster with Edgetx and live happily.
I've heard the same thing but when you invest $$$$ into one brand it's hard to switch over.

RandyDSok

I have know him for a while, he is always saying ditch spektrum and go Radiomaster with Edgetx and live happily.

Perhaps you would like the Radiomaster... but the problem you are having isn't caused by which brand of radio you have so it's a different topic for another day. Starting a post on the subject would certainly be cool.

Eospro

I have 2 videos, one of what happens when esc connected to ch.1 and another showing what happens when connected to ch.5. Unfortunately I can't post them here as they are too large. 40mb & 146mb any ideas?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have 2 videos, one of what happens when esc connected to ch.1 and another showing what happens when connected to ch.5. Unfortunately I can't post them here as they are too large. 40mb & 146mb any ideas?
You need to have a YouTube channel or Vimeo in order to post any video.

Eospro

So I have started completely from scratch with and without gyro. Receiver insist throttle is ch.5 regardless, everything works correctly setup that way but unconventional settings required in radio which I believe will just get confusing if I get more models later on and one has black sheep settings.
I did put this receiver into one of my cars and it still wanted throttle on ch.5.

I also tried a different (only 4ch) receiver with the original esc and it continued to opperate erratically.

A friend will be visiting during the week and he will bring a working receiver to see that the rest of my electronics are working correctly, which I believe they are. If this is the case I have some thinking to do about which direction I wish to go regarding a radio system for flying.
I can replace the receiver and stay with Spektrum, or sell the radio and perhaps invest in Radiomaster. The latter would cost me very little as selling the NX radio would nearly cover the cost of a Radiomaster radio and receiver.
Anyway plenty of time to think about and research this while I learn to fly.

I huge thank you to everyone who offered their help, advice and warm welcomes over the last week, this is a great forum with great people. I have learned a great deal and look forward to contributing to this group where I can, and most likely asking for more help. Ha!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When you do finally get to the bottom of this please post up. I'd love to know what the issue was all along.
Cheers!
I agree with Tony. I have the microbeast plus and I feel hopeless and others trying to figure out your situation :thinking: It's got me :scratchchin:

Eospro

Still no luck getting the receiver to work with throttle on ch.1 as it should.

I am going to a friend's place tomorrow to look at his Radiomaster setup.
I like the spektrum system how everything just works together ( most of the time), but their components are expensive and your somewhat limited to setup options.

On the other hand running with a Radiomaster radio, one can bind to just about any protocol, has endless programming possibilities and is ridiculously cheap compared to Spektrum.

As I have 4 helicopters now,
Blade Nano S3
Blade 120 S2
Blade 230s Smart
Align Trex 450L
Only the 120 was RTF, the others are BNF and Trex was a combo kit deal.

As I mentioned previously I have a new esc for the Trex and a Radiomaster receiver is under $40. I can sell the NX radio and have change after buying a Radiomaster TX16S and receiver.
As I'm still in the learning to fly process and have rebuilt, read and watched countless videos I have learned an incredible amount about the setup and mechanics of rc helicopters if I'm going to ditch Spektrum, I believe now would be the time to do so.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Eospro and welcome to the forum. I've been following your quest in getting the most out of your equipment. Your Spektrum NX6 is an excellent transmitter to have and the company has a good representation in it's product line. What ever your final decision is between staying with NX6 or Radiomaster, I wish you the very best.:arms:

Eospro

Hi Eospro and welcome to the forum. I've been following your quest in getting the most out of your equipment. Your Spektrum NX6 is an excellent transmitter to have and the company has a good representation in it's product line. What ever your final decision is between staying with NX6 or Radiomaster, I wish you the very best.:arms:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Top Bottom