450 Trex 450 Sport V2 to DFC Conversion??

Bruno

I have purchased the Align DFC head to convert my Trex 450 Sport V2.

I understand the linkage rods will be shorter for the DFC head. However, I am confused by the manual diagrams (attached) that indicated a reduction by 4mm on the pitch and Aileron servo but only 1 mm decrease with the elevator servo.

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to why all three linkage rods would not be reduced in length equally. Seems the servos for either heli in the manual are mounted in the same location and position.

Any suggestions with this conversion are appreciated.

450 Sport DFC.jpg450 Sport V2.jpg

450 Sport DFC.jpg

450 Sport V2.jpg

Last edited:

stokke

I rebuilt a 450 Plus for a friend of mine with a DFC head conversion. No problems there. As for the link lengths, I tossed away the instructions and set it up according to how you'd set up any FBL head. Remember, the only thing you need to be sure of, is that the swash is level and that you are able to find the middle of collective range.

See my guide if you are not sure how to set up a FBL.

Good luck

Bruno

I rebuilt a 450 Plus for a friend of mine with a DFC head conversion. No problems there. As for the link lengths, I tossed away the instructions and set it up according to how you'd set up any FBL head. Remember, the only thing you need to be sure of, is that the swash is level and that you are able to find the middle of collective range.

See my guide if you are not sure how to set up a FBL.

Good luck

Marius, good to know. Did you use the stock FBL swash or install the DFC swash? I am curious as to the potential for the DFC links to pop off the FBL swash since the balls are in a different orientation between the two swashes.

stokke

Marius, good to know. Did you use the stock FBL swash or install the DFC swash? I am curious as to the potential for the DFC links to pop off the FBL swash since the balls are in a different orientation between the two swashes.

I used the stock PRO swash.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the DFC swash is a b**h to pop on and off links, because you cannot fit the ball link plier in there.

Top Bottom