450 Trex 450 Sport V2 Sat Antenna Placement

Bruno

I am re-considering the placement of my Trex sport V2 Satellite Rx. Since reading and re-positioning Rx orientations with my 450 pro and 550 DFC, I think I may have crashed the Sport V2 last time consequent to the Satellite Rx location and interference/obstruction from my barn.

Anyway, with this heli (450 Sport V2) convenient placement of the Satellite Rx is limited.

With my Pro I have the Satellite Rx on the tail boom mount with the left antenna wire up and above the frame and the right antenna wire traverses the space between the boom and tail servo.

I am considering moving the Sport Satellite Rx either mid frame with the left antenna wire facing down beyond the bottom of the frame (between the landing gear) or similar to my Pro Satellite Rx placement just a bit lower otherwise, removing the boom mount screws will be obstructed. However, the second option puts the Satellite Rx quite close to the AR6200 Rx.

Any suggestions/comments??? :torn:Sport Sat 102713.jpgPro Sat 102613.jpgSport Sat II 102713.jpg

Sport Sat 102713.jpg

Pro Sat 102613.jpg

Sport Sat II 102713.jpg

Last edited:

Bruno

I have mine in the same place you do on the back, and it works fine.

Yea, that's the location with the Pro but with the Sport that location would obstruct boom mount screws (see new pic).
Is the heli you reference a pro or sport?
Thanks.

johnrc

Banned
Hi their i have a sport and a pro and on my sport i mounted my sat just below the main gear works just fine for me???

- - - Updated - - -

Either placement will work for the sat

Bruno

Hi their i have a sport and a pro and on my sport i mounted my sat just below the main gear works just fine for me???

- - - Updated - - -

I have mine below the main gear as well as depicted in the pic. Thanks.

Bruno

- - - Updated - - -

Does your Sat antenna extended beyond the bottom of the frame into the landing gear area?

Sparse

the only thing that scares me is the thought of the wire getting caught in the main gear during flight. so I try to keep it in a remote unobstructed place. that is why i placed mine were it is.

Derek

You will most likely be safe, no matter where you put it. Like you said, as long as you are comfortable with the wires not being near the main gear. The only thing that I tried to do was to make sure that the orientation of my sat antenna wires were perpendicular to the antenna wires on the main rx. You should be fine.

Tony

Staff member
You definitely need to get that satellite away from the motor and ESC. You need about 2" of space between the 6200 and the satellite, but you can get a little closer if you have to. I as well would put it where you have it on the pro. Remember, the satellite is very light, so you can use a smaller piece of Velcro to hold it. Just cut it out so that you can access the bolts for the boom mount, and cut it out so it's not grabbing onto the plastic block. It will work, trust me :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
That is not going to be any better. It's still right there next to the worst thing to create interference. You really need to move it to the back of the helicopter. All you did here is move it from the right to the left side.

Bruno

OK, Tony and others what do you think about the satellite position in the most recent pic (IV)?

I simply do not have enough knowledge regarding potential obstructions of either of the satellite antenna.

I know the CF frame can interfere with reception.

I am just not sure how much and which antenna necessitates unobstructed positioning.

Wahttyathnk??

Sport Sat IV 102813.jpg

Sport Sat IV 102813.jpg

Last edited:

johnrc

Banned
Well man just want to say i have my sat across from each other where the tail mounts one vertical and one horizontal on both my pro and sport just a thought. Bruno

pvolcko

That should be much better. It's a 450 so I wouldn't expect a sat to be necessary anyway, so this should be icing on the cake. :)

johnrc

Banned
I cut 4 pieces of velcro into a circle and used that works great and you can get to the screws if need be????

Tony

Staff member
that placement will work just fine. It's a little close to that servo, but it's much better than being right next to the main motor.

Bruno

I cut 4 pieces of velcro into a circle and used that works great and you can get to the screws if need be????

Great idea. It.s the simplistic approach that seems to work best. As long as you have a some technical understanding and Rc-Help. Thanks.

Top Bottom