450 Trex 450 se v2

LooseNut

I agree with the TGZ380, the Beast copy is a solid unit, a friend of mine has one and swears by it. The ZYX units are twice the price and are hit or miss, I bought one that has the reset button missing and I couldn't clear the fail light programming with the USB so it found file 13.
Is your Tarot head a DFC or FBL? The difference is the grip linkages. Reason I ask is I see you have a DFC swash. I have a couple of DFC swash plates that only have the 2 ball link positions and the FBL uses 4 like your Fly Bar head. When I set up the FBL on the SE V2 I just used my old one.
If you need some parts, let me know, I have a box of parts destined for the Swap shop, if I have what you need you are welcome to it.

kelwillie

No the tarot head is just a FLB head not a DFC head. Yes I have a DFC swashplate which has the 2 balls that are rotated 90 degrees and other 2 balls come straight out like a regular swashplate. let me know what you want for the parts because I know I will crash it. I got use to flying my ERGO 30 years ago since it was bigger. Way bigger. If you can or have a few pics and some parts used maybe I can get mine going. Thank you for the positive help

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3207 (1).jpg
    IMG_3207 (1).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 8

LooseNut

Looks good!
Probably best to just let me know what you need and I'll dig the box out of the garage to see if I have it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey, Kelwillie I've noticed something on both your pics that doesn't look right. The Ele servo linkage isn't perpendicular. Looks like the top of the linage is leaning to the back. It needs to be straight up and down. All 3 servo linkages must be perpendicular and all 3 servo arms at 90 degrees. Hope that makes some sense. :2c:

kelwillie

Hey, Kelwillie I've noticed something on both your pics that doesn't look right. The Ele servo linkage isn't perpendicular. Looks like the top of the linage is leaning to the back. It needs to be straight up and down. All 3 servo linkages must be perpendicular and all 3 servo arms at 90 degrees. Hope that makes some sense. :2c:

kelwillie

you right all the linkage was loose but the elevator. For some reason after I center them and bound the receiver it went bat crap stupid hung up and actually started smoking and fried it's self. I think I am going to just toss it back to the side for a while. Tired of trying

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Tony is right. Depending on $$$$ from a 470 to an 800. A 550 would be a good bird to start off according to a member on this site, URI, who look into this.

Tony

Staff member
absolutely. The 550 is just a 600 with a shorter tail and shorter blades. The rest of the parts are the same. Same head, same tail, same frame.

LooseNut

Don't give up, sometimes it's just frustrating and you need to lean back. I put together a Heli for my brother and tried to make it so that a beginning pilot could just take it out and hover with a fair chance to make it survive. That was a very frustrating build and it morphed as I worked on it. Both I and another Pilot managed to break it in the early adaptions.
It looks like you have a pretty good start on your 450. It has the Carbon Fiber frame, Aluminum bearing blocks, the swash and FBL head. Pretty much all I can tell from the pictures.
What do you have for ESC, Motor, and the servos?
I have I have 2 EMax ES08MD (Metal gear, Digital) and 1 EMax ES09MD (Metal gear, Digital). They are fairly inexpensive servos but work great on the 450. You'd just need one more ES08MD for the head setup and use the ES09MD as a tail servo. I have about 3 flights on them and then upgraded to HV, the third ES08MD I used as a replacement for another Heli I fixed.
I do have a Suppo Heli Motor that I used on a 450, probably about 5 flights on it. I have an Hobbywing Skywalker 50A ESC, I had it paired with the Suppo. The combo worked well.
I have some tail booms, and both Carbon fiber tube/Aluminum tube to make more. I think I also have a belt drive tail unit, pretty sure I have a set of skids and a couple 450 size canopies.
It's not as bad as it seems at the moment.
After you've mulled it over, let's figure how to get you to a FBL Controller. Seems to be where you were when you started the thread. I think the Beast clone unit is the best bet and very affordable. Far cheaper than getting and setting up another Heli.

kelwillie

Don't give up, sometimes it's just frustrating and you need to lean back. I put together a Heli for my brother and tried to make it so that a beginning pilot could just take it out and hover with a fair chance to make it survive. That was a very frustrating build and it morphed as I worked on it. Both I and another Pilot managed to break it in the early adaptions.
It looks like you have a pretty good start on your 450. It has the Carbon Fiber frame, Aluminum bearing blocks, the swash and FBL head. Pretty much all I can tell from the pictures.
What do you have for ESC, Motor, and the servos?
I have I have 2 EMax ES08MD (Metal gear, Digital) and 1 EMax ES09MD (Metal gear, Digital). They are fairly inexpensive servos but work great on the 450. You'd just need one more ES08MD for the head setup and use the ES09MD as a tail servo. I have about 3 flights on them and then upgraded to HV, the third ES08MD I used as a replacement for another Heli I fixed.
I do have a Suppo Heli Motor that I used on a 450, probably about 5 flights on it. I have an Hobbywing Skywalker 50A ESC, I had it paired with the Suppo. The combo worked well.
I have some tail booms, and both Carbon fiber tube/Aluminum tube to make more. I think I also have a belt drive tail unit, pretty sure I have a set of skids and a couple 450 size canopies.
It's not as bad as it seems at the moment.
After you've mulled it over, let's figure how to get you to a FBL Controller. Seems to be where you were when you started the thread. I think the Beast clone unit is the best bet and very affordable. Far cheaper than getting and setting up anotI

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with LooseNut. Don't give up. You have to have patience with this hobby. We all be there with the frustration but once you figure it out and get that bird airborne...it will be well worth it achieveing that goal :).

kelwillie

Thank you sir you have been a great help to me and I am sorry for so many qestions. I have been flying, well hovering and side to sides to get back in the swing with a blade 450 3d I bought several years back for 90 bucks. finally got it set up to mess around with until I can get the FLB going. Just trying not to crash it since parts are few and far between. I need to to get some 325mm carbon blades for it. Question. I have a set of CF blades but they are 315mm long. Will they work on the blade or will They turn more RPM's and have to adjust the TC and PC

kelwillie

I agree with LooseNut. Don't give up. You have to have patience with this hobby. We all be there with the frustration but once you figure it out and get that bird airborne...it will be well worth it achieveing that goal :).
Thank you I will keep trying because of guys are a great help

LooseNut

You may have to tweak a little bit with the shorter blades, but I think they'd be ok. Medusa has the 325 blades for about $16 plus shipping.
I got a couple of Blade 400's, one I use for spare parts and I have a small bunch of additional spare parts as well. The feathering shaft was the hard part to find but I think I found a sub for it. Have it in my notes somewhere. Haven't flown them in a while and the 450 version used a lot of the same parts.

Tony

Staff member
I am sorry for so many qestions.
Never apologize for asking questions. I wrote an article a while back titled "Being Ignorant Is A Good Thing". The reason being "Ignorant" is a good thing is that means you get to learn something! If you don't know something, and you want to know said "something", post up! I created this forum for just this reason so never be afraid to post a question here and never apologize!

But as stated above, You have a great base. Honestly, if you still have the flybar head, stick it back on there and don't worry about the FBL controller. I have the SE V2 clone as well (HK450GT) hanging on my wall and bone stock it is the best budget helicopter IMO without any flight assistance. However, if you do not have the FB head, then lets get a gyro stuck on it with good digital servos and lets get you back in the air. Maybe seeing you complete this will help me get back into the air as well lol. Although I did promise to fly a particular helicopter relatively soon.... Stay tuned for that!

Oh, and 315mm blades, you will be just fine. If anything, it will be less stress on your electronics. You don't need that extra CM of blade tip.

kelwillie

Never apologize for asking questions. I wrote an article a while back titled "Being Ignorant Is A Good Thing". The reason being "Ignorant" is a good thing is that means you get to learn something! If you don't know something, and you want to know said "something", post up! I created this forum for just this reason so never be afraid to post a question here and never apologize!

But as stated above, You have a great base. Honestly, if you still have the flybar head, stick it back on there and don't worry about the FBL controller. I have the SE V2 clone as well (HK450GT) hanging on my wall and bone stock it is the best budget helicopter IMO without any flight assistance. However, if you do not have the FB head, then lets get a gyro stuck on it with good digital servos and lets get you back in the air. Maybe seeing you complete this will help me get back into the air as well lol. Although I did promise to fly a particular helicopter relatively soon.... Stay tuned for that!

Oh, and 315mm blades, you will be just fine. If anything, it will be less stress on your electronics. You don't need that extra CM of blade tip.
Thank you Tony, that incourages me to keep piddling on the bird. I beleive it was crashed before I got it, so maybe this is a sign to rebuild the bird. I do have a frame (metal) to get it back in the air. It is a complete bird but no electronics. So with that said, what servos and gyro should I go with? I do have another question and that is I want to use my JR12X DSMX radio. I hate to buy another radio. Love that radio. The weight and feel is so great and I have keep it up. Still looks almost new and I have keep up with battries. Just installed a new pack about 8 months ago.

Tony

Staff member
The servos that LooseNut posted above will work. They are not the fastest or most powerful, but they are a good value for the money especially for a budget build. I used them on a couple builds in the past.

And you said you had another question about the JR12X, however you never posted the question. However I don't see any issue with using that Tx/Rx on the helicopter.

Top Bottom