450 Trex 450 Pro V2 Main Blade Grips

Bruno

Question: how tight should the grips be? I am having difficulty with inserting Align blades. The grips are quite tight. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? Thanks. :disillusionment:

Tony

Staff member
They should be free enough to drop with a light shake when held horizontal but tight enough to hold when left horizontal. You can play around with it to find the best fit. And you can spread the grips apart just slightly if you need to, just be careful, it is aluminum.

stokke

My grips were very tight as well. It was never a problem.
When I upgraded to DFC head, I got much looser grips - now I'm able to do Tony's "shake trick".

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If your blade grips are tight, as far as the blades can center themselves while spooling up, you are good.

What tony said is very good for both centering of blade and kind of taking the load off the head in a crash. Tight blade grips will shred your blades (that happens anywaz) and also your spindle, your blade grips and main shaft. While.. looser (but just tight enough) blade grips will break your blades, and may be bend a shaft.. It saves the spindle, and blade grips..
I run the blades tighter than usual cause I am on higher head speed now, and I can sometimes see my blades lag behind the grips. but when I crash I see the damage. :)

Top Bottom