450 Trex 450 pro v2 3gx tail blow out with pitch pump help!!

Bruno

During pitch pumps the tail blows out to the left. I have the gyro set at 67. I have tried different gyro settings without sucessful elimination of the tail problem.

What should I do?

Thanks

Slobberdog

One of the rudder adjusters in the 3gx software should be able to compensate for this see what values you have in there and compare them to mine in the gyro section I have a thread in there titled 3Gx pc settings I think

Tony

Staff member
Isn't there already a thread on this? Just wondering.

If it's blowing out to the LEFT, then you have too much pre-comp in the tail. It's over compensating. Pitch pumps usually blow them out to the right. Tail right that is.

pvolcko

Be absolutely sure you aren't putting some rudder input in while doing the pitch pump. I have a bad habit of thumbing in a little bit at the extremes of collective stick. Makes it look like blowout, but in fact it is not. This is especially true for left "blow out". Blow out on a clockwise rotating main rotor is almost always to the right (nose left). Exception is if you have too much pre-compensation dialed in, as Tony mentioned.

I thought I had a similar problem until I realized I was thumbing it in. Just do a few being very mindful of any rudder input you're feeding into it. If you're sure it isn't you doing it, then check precomp settings.

Slobberdog

Be absolutely sure you aren't putting some rudder input in while doing the pitch pump. I have a bad habit of thumbing in a little bit at the extremes of collective stick. Makes it look like blowout, but in fact it is not. This is especially true for left "blow out". Blow out on a clockwise rotating main rotor is almost always to the right (nose left). Exception is if you have too much pre-compensation dialed in, as Tony mentioned.

I thought I had a similar problem until I realized I was thumbing it in. Just do a few being very mindful of any rudder input you're feeding into it. If you're sure it isn't you doing it, then check precomp settings.

Thats a good one as i tend to loose collective when putting in rudder inputs, lol

Top Bottom