450 Trex 450 Pro Setup help

eppsy

I have a trex 450 pro. You're going to have to help me with the gain setting...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry...it's been a long day. I have a Spektrum DX8.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, first I need you to go to the Gyro menu. In there, what is the channel set to? It should be Gear. Then make sure you are on the gyro switch and set the gyro gain to about +40 to start. You should get a little tail wag with that, but then you just back it down.

Tony

Staff member
And I know about the long day. Been working on my 600 all night since I got here. And trying to get caught up here on the forum lol. Busy busy busy...

eppsy

600 ... nice. But before I dream of my shiny new 600 I think I'd better sort out my shiny new 450 :)

The Gyro was inhibited. I've turned it on. Is the below image correct? Or should it be in Pos 3?
gyro_gain.jpg

gyro_gain.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Okay, do this. Set position 0 to 30, position 1 to 40 and position 2 to -40.

When you are in the positives, you are in HH (heading hold) mode. When you are in the negatives, you are in rate mode. When you plug in the heli, make sure you are in pos 0 or 1. If you have to move the heli, the tail will be pushed to one side all the way (that's the way HH works). To center it easily, just quickly flip your gyro switch to position 2 and back to either 0 or 1. This will center the tail so it's ready to fly.

Now that you have some gain on your tail, give it a shot. The tail will move just slightly when spooling up (thanks to the awesome ESC) but it should hold pretty well. If it doesn't, we will work on that. Just remember, don't use any trim on anything with a 3 axis gyro.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and the 600 that I"m working on is the Official Rc-Help.com Helicopter. It's the one that I"m doing all of the videos on and the heli that many members got together and donated to purchase. It's a great helicopter and if you search "RCH Heli" you will see all kinds of posts and videos on it.

Tony

Staff member
Looks good to me. Just an FYI, I just looked at my Tx and my settings are -100 (anything in the negatives will go into rate mode) on position 0, 67 on position 1 and 0 on position 2. Not sure why I had it that way, i should have had it the way you do.

Since I see that I had a higher gain, you may need to raise it after flying it. If you see the tail starting to drift, just raise it up a bit and try again. do this until you get a slight wag then back it down. Make sure to test it in idle up 2 since the higher the head speed, the more sensitive it will be.

eppsy

Ok.Thanks heaps Tony. I'll go give it a try as soon as I'm able.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhh ... of couse I do...

Top Bottom