450 Trex 450 Pro On/Off Switch Possible?

Hi i own a Trex $50 Pro FBL 3GX and i am just curious is it would still work properly if i ad installed an on/off switch on it so that i could plugin the battery and then press the on button to actually turn it on rather than it turning on by itself right when i connect the battery. The specific switch that i am inquiring about is made and sold by SKYRC they make lipo chargers and alot of charger accessories aswell as this switch, here is the direct link to the switch SKYRC Power Switch please let me know thank you otherwise if it will not work is there any that you would recommend or even a bluetooth on/off type switch would be really cooland one of a kind. Do any of you know what kind of specs a switch would need to be to full properly work on my Heli 0-100% throttle power? ie Amps, Watts, Etc incase i wanted to try and build a bluetooth switch kinda be like an auto start on a car but one of a kind haha head turner for sure especially if it where hooked to lights. or even a mini speaker broadcast deep bass roar of a real heli. Thanks Tom

Tony

Staff member
There is no reason IMO to put a switch on a 450. I have one on my 600 nitro, but only because you don't remove the battery every flight. On these heli's, the more things you can keep simple, the better. Complicating things like adding bluetooth and such to it is just one more thing that can go wrong.

This site is not very android friendly. Where do u suggest i find info only lipo building ive got raw cells and know basically theyre wire scheme and own shrink wrsp but i need to know yhe other material used like the foam end caps and then i found hard plastic wrap that wraps vertically sround with adhesive on the joint before shrink wrapping horizontally where can i find that. Thanksalso genersl setup of actual heli ie specifics on swash cuz ive done the servo direction back and forward on tx but still have a forward slanted swash and cannot fly so i need to know how to go about setup physically pressing the buttons on the 3gx not the software or firmware but would also like to see ppls settings for trims etc on 3gx software after they updated firmware i know everyone is fifferent but what should i start out with or does it automatically give me defaults that are for beginners cuz when i looked it looks like its all set to just yhe middle or 50% but ive seen some partial settungs of beginner with like 20% settings on some cuz they said its set to drastic if u leave it at default so beginners crash if they move alittle stick to much cuz it reacts very quickly if u need more clarification just ask and i hope this is half legible cuz im trying my phone again sorry about puncuation. I should change my screen name to the matrix lol

Tony

Staff member
I'm using a Note II (android) and have not found a problem with the forum, and I'm on here just about 24 hours a day with it.

And I have no clue where to find lipo building information. That is getting into stuff that I really dont' want to get associated with on this forum. There is a VERY high risk that something will go wrong and could cause a fire.

As for the rest of the post, I am having a hard time reading it and can't quite follow what you are saying. Sorry.

Dirk

Also no problem with my Galaxy S3.

@Tommyboy660 - Tony has made some exceptionally good how-to videos that explains the whole 3GX setup. I followed his set-up instructions to the T and my flights so far have been rock solid and smooth.

Dirk

Only a pleasure sir. Without all of your videos, I would still be trying to figure out the Align build manual. Pity that the Align manual is somewhat difficult to understand.

Maybe I've missed it somewhere Tony, but if you could do a video on setting up the ESC, it will be very helpful to the new members as well. I got mine sorted out through trial and error, eventually.

Yes i see your point about thr more parts the more to possibly go wrong Dirk but i ask cuz i have already purchased a nice digital switch from skyrc & even though the wire are alot smaller awg than obviously the lipos for example, wouldnt i connect the switch if i did decide to use it to the esc between that & the receiver or where would o connect it? I just think it woul be alittle bit easier to be able to just press a button to get power & in combo press the button on the 3gx to setup rather than plug in the battery & try pressing the 3gx button at the same time, i only have 2 hands & its kimd pf difficult holding both ends of lipo & reaching the 3gx button at the same time. Where can i find a good wire diagram on here?

Tony i was just meaning using an android phone isnt that easy wheni want to take the cursor and move it back to edit words spelling or puncuation on here then trying to move it back to the end to finish, because when i try to the cursor will copy words and duplicate them directly next to each other or it woll not allow me to move my cursor to the end like i said wiyhout making even worse puncuation before it eventually decides to work. O would blame it on mysrlf or my phone but this seems to be the only site that acts like this so ive been doing my best to try & stick to my.laptop but by the time im on here im usually in bed so usually just on my phone. Yes its a laptop so i guess i could always take it to bed or otherwise just wait till morning too lol but this is usually when i think of all my questions & before i always convince myself that im stayong offline when i hit the bed butit never turns out that way. Anyway to both of you thank you a billion for all of the help you have so graciously given Tom

Top Bottom