450 Trex 450 Pro Main gear problem

Bruno

What could be causing the components of the main gear assembly to become loose immediately after installation during a bench test (no swash no tail blades)?

New main gear and all else looks good (OWB, auto gear, OWB shaft, new OW shaft ring and main gear case).

I install the main gear and there is 0 up down movement of shaft. No main gear wobble. Seems to be a snug fit. No resistance when turned by hand.

I spool it up on the bench and the main gear begins to wobble at mid stick causing vibration down the boom to the tail.

Then I can easily wobble the main gear by hand as if it has separated from its fit with the auto gear.

I can not wrap my head around what is happening and causing the separation. :crackhead:

What should I check more closely?

Thanks for your recommendations in advance.

Tony

Staff member
check the length of the OWB sleeve. It's the piece that goes not only in the OWB, but also into the auto gear. It could be just a tad too long. Also might want to look into ordering a new sleeve and OWB just in case. Remember, it's not a perfect fit over the main shaft so there is going to be some play.

Lee

+1 on what Graham said.
If your main bearing housings are the wrong way around, the bearings are being pushed out instead of pushed in to the bearing blocks.

Top Bottom