450 Trex 450 pro main bearing play???

Bruno

I smacked the round with the glass fiber rotors blowing both of them off at the grips recently.

I checked the main shaft and feathering shaft. All looked good. I put another set of blades on and flew some more without any noticeable problems. Of course, I am not doing much more than experimenting with hovering and orientation while I get my nerve up and learn this heli settings.

Anyway, I never checked the lateral movement after the build (completed about a month ago).

So, I was not sure if there was typically some lateral main shaft movement due to bearing play.

Seems from what I have read, there is some inconsistency with if there should be any bearing play/movement.

Now I will have to research how to change main block bearings. Seems they are press fitted.

I am considering swapping the main blocks with the DFC main blocks. I read they were compatible.

Whattyathink??

Thanks.

:indecisiveness:

stokke

I didn't even know there were DFC bearing blocks!
Even though I love all the DFC stuff, I'd have to agree with Sam.

Tony

Staff member
DFC blocks allow you to remove the front two cyclic servos without taking the servos off of the blocks. Very handy for those that do a lot of motor work or gear changes. I really like the design, but just remember it's just one more bolt that you have to make sure is tight. There will be NO performance difference with them however and it's purely a maintenance thing.

And the bearings do fit tight but they use Green Thread lock to hold them in. This is exactly what the green TL is used for. You can heat them up with a hair dryer and you should be able to get them out. Don't boil them because that will cause the bearings to rust. If you have a heat gun or a small pen torch that will work even better. The aluminum will expand faster than the steel bearings.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think I answered this question on another forum .. exact same problem.. heehe seems like everyone is smacking their birds hard! :p :D .. lol :p

whatever it was .. I answered.. pop those bearings out and use Loctite 641. :) seat them back..

Top Bottom