450 Trex 450 Pro 3GX V2 Gone MAD!!

Graham Lawrie

Trex 450 Pro 3GX V2 - YouTube

This is a weird one:( The Youtube link is saying 1 hour to download:(

The story so far: After being in its box while i built my 600 and the weather being pants!!, i fired up my 450 this weekend and it appeares to have lost its settings:(

I went through the whole 3GX set up and everything seemed fine. In between the showers i took her out and spooled up. In the video(which is poor), you can see she is trying to pull into the ground. She starts to hop when i am above mid stick and bring it down to mid stick?

Throttle and pitch curves are linear.
All stick movements are correct.
Tail is moving correct.
I have had the blades off and spooled up and the swash acts correctly all the way up and down. At full throttle she just wants to hug the ground as if set for inverted? Mid stick you can see she nearly moves, above mid stick just power and no lift?

On my DX6i i have viewed the monitor and all the arrows are moving correctly?

This has me stumped??

The only other thing is above mid stick i hit throttle hold and she shot 8 feet in the air, luckily the big yellow balls made for a soft landing:)

Any help/suggestions, as always much appreciated:)

At time of posting still 47 minutes for video to upload to Youtube????

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah youtube uploads take a while.. Well I am vry curious to see what this looks like. on the bench, all blades, off, have you spooled up and do you see similar swash behaviour?

are your pitches correct.. 0degree mid and positive and negative 11 or 12 or whatever. ?

If it does it on the bench too, then I would tell you to isolate the 3GX from the frame and try again..

but I am jumping ahead.. waiting for your video .

Graham Lawrie

Hi Gaba, I have had the blades off spooled up and not seen any abnormal movement in the swash. Pitch 10/0/10??

- - - Updated - - -

12 minutes for the video .......ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lee

If the swash is moving smoothly up and down but the heli is jumping at midstick, maybe the feather shaft is bent causing a sudden change in pitch at that point??? Just a guess, lets see if the video helps.

Graham Lawrie

Video now uploaded:)

- - - Updated - - -

If the swash is moving smoothly up and down but the heli is jumping at midstick, maybe the feather shaft is bent causing a sudden change in pitch at that point??? Just a guess, lets see if the video helps.

Brand new feather shaft after the blades popped:)

Lee

Ok watched the video, but it still doesn't help. What we need is a close up of the swash with blades off to see what its doing when you give throttle. Try rebinding like i said in your PM. See if that works.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Lee, Re bind the TX to RX? I did a video of the same thing on the table without the blades, but after that epic upload another time maybe. I am thinking there is a short on a wire or something like that?

Lee

Check were wires go through the frame for cuts. Carbon is a bugger for cutting through wires.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think I know what it is ... I think

When you go down on throttle the heli wants to lift but your swash is still going the right way...?

Right?

And going up on throttle pushes the heli down....

But your swash is moving up with stick advance up and down with stock low..

Means your blades / blade grips are connected backwards to the swash. Rather than being trailing edge control they are now leading edge control (or vice versa.. Whatever align head is .. Look in pics) and compare it to yours

Edit:

Just checked that align heads are leading edge control. Means the head linkage is connected to the grip in front of the blades ... (Leading edge)
If yours is backwards, that is your issue ...

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

cn63bug

+1 to Gaba
I had a very similar situation. In your video, your heli is doing the same thing mine did when I first got it, except I didn't have training gear on it to keep it from tipping over. The blades grips were reversed to where it was pushing and pulling by the trailing edge instead of the leading edge. Not enough positive pitch to lift it, but will make it hop and tip.

Graham Lawrie

I think I know what it is ... I think

When you go down on throttle the heli wants to lift but your swash is still going the right way...?

Right?

And going up on throttle pushes the heli down....

But your swash is moving up with stick advance up and down with stock low..

Means your blades / blade grips are connected backwards to the swash. Rather than being trailing edge control they are now leading edge control (or vice versa.. Whatever align head is .. Look in pics) and compare it to
Yours

Edit:

Just checked that align heads are leading edge control. Means the head linkage is connected to the grip in from of the blades ... (Leading edge)
If yours is backwards, that is your issue ...

Fly safe!! :) have fun!
DING DING DING DING:)

Give that man a goldfish:)

Oh what a ***** i am:) Looking for all the hard things and it was there all the time:)

When i changed the feathering shaft i have connected the links wrong:) WELL DONE GABA:)

Thanks everyone for your input and help:)

The positive thing is i have changed the plastic tail servo mount and antirotation bracket for metal ones, and tidied up some wires:)
Thanks
Graham

Top Bottom