trex 450 plus dfc rotor

Tony

Staff member
On a DFC head (Direct Flight Control (or actually "Directly From Compass" lol)) you want everything very tight with no movement. Due to the way these heads operate, the tighter you can get the head without binding, the better. Any movement will cause issues.

Let me ask you this, why do you want to use a DFC head? Standard FBL heads work very well, and in a crash, do not transfer as much energy to the servos as a DFC head does. Just something to chew on. I have a DFC or two, but prefer standard flybarless heads.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
u rekon that would cause vibration to make the tailwag on me?..i lowerd the gain so much to wher my tail wouldnt even hold and it stilk wags a little.
Silly question here but when was the last time you checked your tail shaft for straightness? Just wandering :scratchchin:

Silly question here but when was the last time you checked your tail shaft for straightness? Just wandering :scratchchin:
i tore it down..took the feathering shaft out rolled it checked it took the main shaft out rolled it checked it.. and the tail shaft as well I didn't take it out but I can slowly spin it until if its bent n or not

On a DFC head (Direct Flight Control (or actually "Directly From Compass" lol)) you want everything very tight with no movement. Due to the way these heads operate, the tighter you can get the head without binding, the better. Any movement will cause issues.

Let me ask you this, why do you want to use a DFC head? Standard FBL heads work very well, and in a crash, do not transfer as much energy to the servos as a DFC head does. Just something to chew on. I have a DFC or two, but prefer standard flybarless heads.
hiya Tony..u prolly dont remember me. .you helped me out on a flybar setup bout 6-7 years ago ...are u referring to the version with the washout arms?..and im not opposed to using a different head..i just was under the impression that they weren't interchangeable.. like the pros in sports versions parts were compatible to the plus version.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the ones with the swash drivers. SAB uses them on their new helicopters as they are more reliable, and you are not putting lateral load on a radial bearing. It's not a lot of load, but it's not an ideal load.

And any head that fits a 5mm shaft will work, you may just have to play with it a bit to get it setup perfectly. I have one helicopter where I did a live stream where I had to redrill the "jesus bolt" hole in the head block 5mm down for it to work with a main shaft that I had. But, it works and the helicopter does fly, even though I don't anymore haha.

And 6-7 years ago..... I'm lucky to remember what happened yesterday hahaha. No offense, my memory is just not that great unless something jogs it.

Yes, the ones with the swash drivers. SAB uses them on their new helicopters as they are more reliable, and you are not putting lateral load on a radial bearing. It's not a lot of load, but it's not an ideal load.

And any head that fits a 5mm shaft will work, you may just have to play with it a bit to get it setup perfectly. I have one helicopter where I did a live stream where I had to redrill the "jesus bolt" hole in the head block 5mm down for it to work with a main shaft that I had. But, it works and the helicopter does fly, even though I don't anymore haha.

And 6-7 years ago..... I'm lucky to remember what happened yesterday hahaha. No offense, my memory is just not that great unless something jogs it.
right..fer you id say that was 5000 people ago youve helped with their heli...fer me it was 1000 sacks ago but i do still remember lol...i actually just walked in.. I went down to the field where I fly down the street.. and up until then Id only hovered it..and it just had this slight wag i couldnt figure out..and the cyclic just felt way too twitchy... too sensitive for my liking... so I was kind of scared to really go and fly ..stretch its legs out.. it just flew great I was giving it hell... and you can't even see no odd behavior or tail wag when you're in fast forward flight.. but the minute you stop and start to hover it starts a little wag again...

heya fellas ...i got a solid little blade 130x with hard case and 3 lipos id like to sell.. or do some tradin with..the only thing it needs to get back in the air is the tail slider thang a ma jig..and a blade grip. because i broke that little nipple off the link snaps on the grip..(shown in pic) think its like a 9$ part. ill give someone a helluva fair deal on it .. i just wanna get some parts for my 450 ta have for backup..ill sell cheap or trade for trex 450 parts.

Attachments

• 16241730401042530389595764452666.jpg
    16241730401042530389595764452666.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 16241730674915919476373893769848.jpg
    16241730674915919476373893769848.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 16241731477996664479556761063597.jpg
    16241731477996664479556761063597.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, this should be posted in the for sale section. I think you have been here long enough though. But, you have been posting away, so I will just leave it here.

What kind of parts are you looking for? I may have to pick this up from ya to add to the collection lol

yeah...i knew . i was just gonna cut you fellas the real good deal..and giv yall first chance at it for goin outta yalls ways to help me ...lol

Tony

Staff member
No worries. If this was a couple years ago, I would have been meaner about it LUL. But, it's a forum to have fun, and I appreciate you wanting to give this to someone that has helped you out. Well, not "give"...

So what parts do ya want? I may have them laying around :lmao:

Just an FYI, this should be posted in the for sale section. I think you have been here long enough though. But, you have been posting away, so I will just leave it here.

What kind of parts are you looking for? I may have to pick this up from ya to add to the collection lol
lol..its a solid little heli ..i did just notice the tail shaft is a lil bent as well..its got a little wobble ...so tail shaft and the other part i mentioned ..and as far as what parts...ill horse trade with ya fer any kina little package deal of any parts that go to my 450..of course you kno im wantn a backup head assembley ..but if ya dont have one its not a deal breaker

Tony

Staff member
I'll have to dig around and see what I have laying around. Are you wanting only align parts, or are you willing to accept some clone parts such as Tarot (higher end clone)? I know I have some of the higher end clone stuff laying around, but definitely understand if you want to stick to Align. And what model 450 do you have? I'm sure you posted it, but TLDR lol

No worries. If this was a couple years ago, I would have been meaner about it LUL. But, it's a forum to have fun, and I appreciate you wanting to give this to someone that has helped you out. Well, not "give"...

So what parts do ya want? I may have them laying around :lmao:
i would really like a metal head assembley..i hate these plastic blade grips .hell even the bottom pc of the swash is pastic!! lol smh

Tony

Staff member
Let me see what I can locate, but don't hold it for me. If someone else wants this little heli, Money Talks! Sell it. May take me a while to remember where I have placed all of my replacement parts lol. Two garages, two sheds, and 4 different rooms need to be searched in order to locate the parts hahaha. Yea, I have (or rather Had) a bit of a problem with collecting helicopters lol

Top Bottom