Trex 450 DFC maiden

Slobberdog

Well I did it whoo hoo, it got in the air and man I love it,

Sorry for the quality of the video on the maiden as I was in the hall on my own, second battery video is better as someone done that for me.

[video=youtube_share;zndWQWsroSc]http://youtu.be/zndWQWsroSc[/video]

And here's battery two...........after a little tweak on the elevator gain.

[video=youtube_share;-JzlrTcor-4]http://youtu.be/-JzlrTcor-4[/video]

Enjoy......

Slobberdog

Was really pretty good even if I do say so myself, such a nice kit it almost goes together itself, but with a good chunk of help off Westy (thanks mate) with settings for the 3gx it got nailed, and I love it, but not yet as much as I love my 130x, 2 batteries on each tonight, and really getting a lot more confidence with the 130x its really helping me.

stokke

Looks great! You are gonna have blast with that one. A very good model to learn on for sure :D

Tony

Staff member
Ah, very good. I see you were a bit quicker getting it off the ground the second time. Looks like you have a great heli there for sure!

Slobberdog

Yes once I had a little feel for wat it will do I was confident to give it a little poke to get it in the air

Westy

LEGEND
Was really pretty good even if I do say so myself, such a nice kit it almost goes together itself, but with a good chunk of help off Westy (thanks mate) with settings for the 3gx it got nailed, and I love it, but not yet as much as I love my 130x, 2 batteries on each tonight, and really getting a lot more confidence with the 130x its really helping me.

great job!

thanks for the Kudos ..... we are all here to help and be helped .... (I need some right now haha)

the heli is nice and super stable! you will have your orientaitons down in no time

Slobberdog

great job!

thanks for the Kudos ..... we are all here to help and be helped .... (I need some right now haha)

the heli is nice and super stable! you will have your orientaitons down in no time

Yeah the thanks is all mine, just need a bit more authority on the tail, have to get the little delay out of the settings that i inadvertantly got when setting it up, but will do that tonight, liked the feel of the heli, feels manageable but really direct if that makes any sense.

and yes this will give me a good boost to get the orientation licked, but tbh the 130x is bringing me on no end at the moment thumbs are getting a little more used to being less oafish and not banging the sticks around, and not to worried about the cost of putting the 130x in to the ground, although thats not the plan......

will have phoenix on the way next week so will be able to learn how to turn as getting happy with tail in and 45º side in next and maybe circles if I can learn to turn.

Westy

LEGEND
one step at a time LOL ..... no rush! ..... if it feels to direct.... then instead of messing with the 3GX setup ..... add some expo into the Tx on AIL and ELE ... start with 30% (POSITIVE not NEG) on each .... and if that feels a little non responsive ... .work them both down together in lots of 5%

Slobberdog

one step at a time LOL ..... no rush! ..... if it feels to direct.... then instead of messing with the 3GX setup ..... add some expo into the Tx on AIL and ELE ... start with 30% (POSITIVE not NEG) on each .... and if that feels a little non responsive ... .work them both down together in lots of 5%

I have 30% in there now, and it feels great, when I say direct I mean as soon as you put an input in it moves, although it dont move as quick as the 130x, I like it the way it is at the moment, dont want it any more wooly or wirey. lol.

like I said above I inadvertantly put a bit of delay in the rudder which I want to remove, not touching anything else.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the delay is a little touchy on setup. You just have to move the stick just far enough to change the status light to teh size that you want. Like the rudder setup, you may have to do it a couple times.

Slobberdog

yeah I will do it while its connected to the 3gx software you can see the value then, and yes it is a fiddly one to do.

btw Tony thanks for all the help and encouragment in the other thread, it goes a long way.

Doum066

Wow, nice one Kev, really stable. I'ma amaze how confident your were to lift her the first time without training gear. I'm still new with my 450 Pro DFC myself, just starting full circuits, i hope you end up to like her like i really like mine. :)

Keep up the good work.

Dominic

Slobberdog

Thanks guys, first real build from start to finish, think the dfc head helps loads to ease the setup, had training gear in the box did not want the extra vibes from it so went without, second flight was much better, more confident on lift off and had a bit of feel for what it would do.

Top Bottom