450 Trex 450 cant stop spinning after I put Hughes 500 Body onto it?

mfische

Hi, so I just got the trex 450 kit in the mail today and assembled it and it flew fine after I put all of my electronics on it. I also have a Hughes 500 plastic body that I want to put over my helicopter to make it a scale heli, but after I put the newly assembled 450 into my Hughes 500 body, I have a problem.

The problem is that my tail rotor cant stop my helicopter from spinning EVEN when the tail rotor is maxed out at full pitch. To clarify: The helicopter wants to yaw opposite the direction of the main rotor blades obviously, and even when I have my tail rotor completely maxed out as far as it can move in pitch to counteract the torque affect, the helicopter will still spin.

I looked at the entire situation for 3 hours to see if I assembled something wrong, but everything is as it should be, and I had flown the trex 450 fine before I put it into the Hughes 500 plastic body. Once I put it into the body, my tail rotor seems to not produce enough thrust to prevent the helicopter from rotating opposite the direction of my main rotor blades...
Any ideas guys?

Tony

Staff member
Does the 500 mean the Hughes is a 500, or it's made for a 500 size helicopter? If it's made for a 500 size helicopter, first off I have no idea how you got it in there lol. and second the tail rotors will not be large enough to force air around the large tail boom of the Hughes.

do you happen to have any detailed pictures of this setup? More specifically the whole heli shot from all 4 sides, top and bottom? As well as detailed shots up close and in focus of the tail, main fuse and anything else you can get a good shot of? Let us know, we will get this heli in the air.

zenmetsu

He is talking about the MD500. I am sure that there are a few scale fuselages for the Trex450.

Two things, and I assume that you probably know more than I do but this is a shot in the dark.

Make certain that the tail is spinning the correct way, i.e., if you removed the tail, it is possible that the belt got flipped the wrong way. Happened to me once.

Second, I'd make certain that the tail slider is still moving the correct way and that somehow the gyro didn't end up getting reversed.

Lastly, I'd make certain that nothing is obstructing the tail gyro, control rod, or pitch slider. Do you have full travel when testing controls at rest?

- - - Updated - - -

This actually reminds me, the MD500/Loach/etc has the tail on the left side of the boom. If the scale model that you have has done the same, then likely the 90 degree twist in the belt will need to be rotated the other way. If you have a torque tube, I have no idea how you'd address that. :lol:

Tony

Staff member
I just looked this fuse up and even though I'm not that big of a fan of it, it has a sound about it that is just cool. Do what zenmetsu stated above to try and correct the issue. When it's correct, I would love to see this heli in action.

zenmetsu

Not a fan? Whaaaa??? Blasphemy bro. :)

Either way, be sure to post a pic of this heli once you get her in the air. I want to see.

Top Bottom