General Trex 250 3gx mrs

GREPASG

Cannot get lift off the ground even at full throttle. Everything seams correct, but it seams more air is pushing up rather than down. I am using a Spektrum 9645 DSMX receiver.

Lillyryan

Sounds very much like you have the swash plate going the wrong way. Put the model on throttle hold and then push the throttle/pitch stick forward. The swash plate should be moving up.

EyeStation

Well, not sure if he has leading edge or trailing edge grip connections, so make sure when you throttle up the pitch of the blades are increasing. i.e. Leading edge is rising.

GREPASG

Leading edge is lowering and so is the swash. What could be causing this 3gx or radio adjustments?
thanks
George

Lillyryan

Sounds like you need to adjust the swash mix in the radio. Put the 3gx in dir mode, enter swash mix in your radio. The pitch will prob say +- a percentage. Let's say it says -60 change this value to a +60. This will reverse the swash. You will still need to adjust this value to get the correct -+ pitch on your blades. Hope this helps don't really know much about the 250. Let us know how you get on.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/xjVfjtocdc0
Above is a clear vid on setting up swash mix.
Hope tony doesn't mind lol.

Tony

Staff member
What Ryan says is what you need to do. That will reverse your collective. And you will use the same menu to reverse the cyclic if one of those are backwards.

GREPASG

The Trex 250 setting for the swash is 1 servo normal. I do not get access to the swashplate function. If I change to a 3 servo, than I can change the values, but this not the correct setup for the 250.
Thanks
George

Tony

Staff member
If you have to run a 1 servo 90 on that gyro (I can't remember), then instead of using the swash menu, you will just go into your servo setup and reverse what you need to. Aileron for right left, elevator for fore/aft and pitch for collective. Just reverse each one.

Tony

Staff member
You do have this gyro mounted with the label down and antenna's facing forward, right? And you have it set to 250?

GREPASG

For some reason I reversed the servos, but I failed to reverse the pitch. I did that and now it is working properly.
Thanks to all who responded to my request.

Top Bottom