250 TREX 250: 3GX MRS + DX6i binding problems

gachimayaaa

I bought an Align "TREX 250 Plus DFC" BTF and am having trouble binding my transmitter. After the fact, I realized I needed a satellite receiver, so I bought a spectrum satellite receiver (SPM9645 DSMX).

This helicopter comes with the 3GX MRS. The included instructions say (for DSMX mode) to hold down the set button with the bind plug in throttle and the power going to rudder. When I bind, nothing seems to happen. The LED on the receiver and the (two) LEDs on the 3GX stay red. When I remove the bind plug and power cycle the helicopter, the satellite receiver reacts to my powering the transmitter off and on. Its LED turns on and off when I power the transmitter on and off. That's pretty much all that happens.

If I bind in DSM2 mode (without holding the set button when powering on the helicopter), the "bind" LED on the 3GX turns green but the "status" LED stays red. The instructions say they're *both* supposed to turn green. The collective servos wiggle a bit, which seems like a good sign, but when I power cycle the helicopter and the transmitter, none of the servos react to my input. Again, the satellite receiver's LED will react to me turning the transmitter on and off, but that's about it.

So either way, these are "bound" in some sense. I can make that satellite LED turn on and off by cycling the transmitter, but obviously something's not right.

I notice on the back of the satellite receiver packaging it says "Not compatible with the Spektrum DX6 park flyer transmitter". I have a DX6i, not a "DX6". I'm wondering if I have compatibility problems.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any help. I desperately want to fly this little gnat!

gachimayaaa

Yeah. I've seen that video. I've followed those steps exactly, unless I'm missing something really subtle. Still no joy. I'll play with it more when I have time and will report back if I learn anything useful.

Tony

Staff member
I wish I had one of these so that I could find out what's missing. Hope you get it going. We are here to help if you are still stuck though. We will get it figured out.

gachimayaaa

I got it to bind. I honestly don't know what I did differently. I think I didn't wait long enough or waited too long at some stage when I was trying before. Who knows? It does work, though.

Everything's great now, except I have no rudder channel. The Spektrum instructions in the manual are useless/wrong. (They had the cyclic channels all reversed for some reason.) Neither the anti torque/gyro stuff nor the rudder inputs work. I swear I saw the servo move just a hair in reaction to moving in the yaw axis, but that may have been my imagination. Not sure what's going on.

As before, I'm sure I'll get it figured out, but if any great ideas come to mind, I'm all ears.

And thanks for your help.

teleman

I know this is a old post. However I have a two Trex with the 3G mrs " yellow " one and the DX6I. It would not bind like in this video. So I just plugged in the battery on the helicopter with the bind plug in place " without " holding down the button. I then turned on the DX6I at the same time held up on the trainer switch. This made the connection of the receiver and the DX6I. I then pulled out the bind plug and the swash dipped up and down and the helicopter was bound to the DX6I. I hope this helps. Also Im using a DSMX satellite.

Top Bottom