Micro Trex 150 - Main motor does not initialize, music continues after bind

Erfan

Hi guys

Not sure what has happened but it seems that the main motor does not get initialized anymore. The binding procedure starts and bind correctly with 2 green lights and the swash jumps 3 times but the main motor still gives 2 beeps continuously and it "twitches" continuously.

The "twitches" are usually done every time it binds and initializes but after the swash jumps 3 times it should stop but now it does not.

The manual does not say anything about this (from what I could find) and google does not help.

Any suggestions?

Graham Lawrie

I am getting the same thing:(
I changed the motor and i start it up the motor twitches and i get it beeping all the time?
I have tried going i nto set up but it does not do it, i have tried the old motor and the effect is the same??? I am trying to surf the net to find an answer?

- - - Updated - - -

I had that issue what I did was lower the end point of the throttle until the ESC armed. For some reason the mrs doesn't see 0 throttle (dx6i)

this answer Eerfan was left by Dan on my thread and it has worked for me:)

I started up with the throttle in zero position till it initialised, must be a DX6i quirk:)

Erfan

That didn't help, I tried connecting it to the tail output and it initialized and worked fine. So my best guess is the main motor connection is broken some way or what ever controls it, perhaps something got lose from the board.

Graham Lawrie

That didn't help, I tried connecting it to the tail output and it initialized and worked fine. So my best guess is the main motor connection is broken some way or what ever controls it, perhaps something got lose from the board.

Same here:( there is very little information on this anywhere. Mine sounds the same as yours, which is a worry as it points to a fault in the MRS board which with ours both being the same must be a fault??

What gets me is mine started when i went to fit the upgraded parts, which you would have to do if you have a crash. My money is on something going on the board when i pulled it from the anti vibration pad:) which in my mind should not happen, i am very carefull with it and took a plastic pot adjuster to it to prise the pad off.
Now looking at £70+ for a new board:(

Erfan

I also changed my board when this happened, most likely something has got lose... I have read about it on several forums.
I also read Align in US takes them for replacement if within 90 days of purchase, not sure how it works it Sweden, I emails the store...

- - - Updated - - -

If you know your way around the soldering iron then u can open the board and see if anything is lose and needs soldering.

More reading:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=593663
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=600870

Graham Lawrie

I have checked the board under magnifier and can't find anything slack:( Contacted Align they think it
may be something else but are prepared to look at it if I am stumped:)

Erfan

Did you try your main motor on the tail connection instead? Did the motor work then?
If so it has to be the board if not then it is the motor, for me it worked so I'm 99% sure it has to be the board...

Were u successful with opening the board? Or did u just look with magnifier without opening the board? Were u able to see all the connections? Some seem to be placed in a way so that u have to open the board...

Did you talk with Align in Scotland or Align USA?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try your main motor on the tail connection instead? Did the motor work then?
If so it has to be the board if not then it is the motor, for me it worked so I'm 99% sure it has to be the board...

Were u successful with opening the board? Or did u just look with magnifier without opening the board? Were u able to see all the connections? Some seem to be placed in a way so that u have to open the board...

Did you talk with Align in Scotland or Align USA?

Graham Lawrie

I talked to Align in UK(England). The motor worked in the tail position. I only checked the board through the magnifying glass for about 1 hour. could not see anything untoward.

I am going to power it up tomorrow, I gave it a good blast with electrical cleaner rapid dry.

Erfan

Cool, please let me know if either Align took it in and replaced the board or if u made it work in anyway...

Graham Lawrie

Hi Errfan, I tried it again tonight with no change so it is off in the post tomorrow:) will let you know how I get on:)

Erfan

I talked with the store I bought from, really nice owner, I told him what happened and that it happened during a frame change, he just sent me a new one and said that I could send the old one back and he will try to see if Align will replace it.
So even if they do or not he still sent me a new one and a "present" for the hassle I went through :)

Not sure that the present is, the package will come later today and the store did not give me any hassle at all so I guess he believe a product not working is a hassle for the customer and he takes responsibility for that even thou he is not the manufacturer.

Talk about good customer service, I guess he just got a life time consumer in me.

As soon as I get the board installed I will update this post and hopefully the bird is up in the air later today!

Erfan

Got it up and running, just a quick test fly in my living room. The store sent me a Performance kit as well for free... Funny thou since changing the stock frame to a performance frame most likely caused the board to fail in the beginning :D

My best tip after this experience is that NEVER try to pull the board from the frame since it glued together with "foam rubber" between. And the glue is strong enough to rip electronics (mosfet or something similar) from the board.
I think the best way to do this is with a small knife. Using the knife between the foam and the frame so that the board never gets anything pulled from it when the glue gets "ripped" off.

So something sharp between the frame and the foam, NOT between the board and the foam.

Graham Lawrie

Nice one Effran:) I am still waiting for mine, I expect to get the same result as you:)

I was extremely careful in doing the removal, and I understand what you are saying, but I was very very gentle with mine. As an engineer to trade I take things apart all the time, so I know I did it correctly, but still got the same result as you.

Brilliant service you got:)

Top Bottom