600 Travel adjustment compared to D/R?

Bruno

HOW IS TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT DIFFERENT FROM D/R ADJUSTMENT? They seem to be similar functions?

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Re: Travel adjustment composed to D/R?

Travel adj is ONLY used to maintain a level swashplate throughout the entire range of pitch travel. Once you've gotten the swash level at mid-stick, then you check it at full pos pitch and full neg pitch, if it's not level, then you adjust the travel adj menu to get the swash level at full pos and full neg pitch. This is the ONLY time you even touch this menu.

Bruno

Re: Travel adjustment composed to D/R?

Travel adj is ONLY used to maintain a level swashplate throughout the entire range of pitch travel. Once you've gotten the swash level at mid-stick, then you check it at full pos pitch and full neg pitch, if it's not level, then you adjust the travel adj menu to get the swash level at full pos and full neg pitch. This is the ONLY time you even touch this menu.

Yea, I have never used this function except for recently when it was necessary to initialize my Castle Talon 90 ESC. See my other post #11-18: Trex 550E DFC V3 Electronics Help.

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems the travel adjust is used to compensate for full +/- when servo subtrim adjustments effect servo throw during electronic 90 setup, correct?

DAL2855

Banned
Servo subtrim in the Travel adj is used to keep the swash level at full pos and full neg pitch in the full range of travel. Now about the ESC I've never ran a Talon ESC so I've never had to do this with the throttle in Travel Adjust, but if it's just the throttle travel being adjusted for ESC to arm, it will not affect any other flight characteristics of the heli. As you're not adjusting any of the other subtrims in the menu except for throttle endpoints so that the ESC sees them correctly.

Derek

Travel Adjust is the part of the Tx that will allow you to maximize or minimize the amount of servo "travel"...."travel" meaning just how far a servo will rotate from one end to the other.

Dual Rates effect the overall travel which in turn effects control response sensitivity equally throughout the range of that channel. Reducing the Dual Rates reduces the maximum control rate as well as overall sensitivity.

For example, on my planes...I'll go to the Travel Adjustments, first, and set the maximum amount of travel that I can get from one end to the other. Once that is established, that gives me "100% Travel" that I base my dual rates on. Then I'll go to my Dual Rates and dial them down to whatever number I want. On my 48" flying wing, my Travel Adjustment...on both servo's, is 106 for down elevator and 146 for up elevator. Yes, those are weird numbers but that gives me the "100% Travel" that I'll dial down with my Dual Rates.

There is probably a better explanation for what you are asking, and I apologize for using a plane reference to your heli question, but this is how I understand Travel Adjust and Dual Rates.

Slobberdog

Servo subtrim in the Travel adj is used to keep the swash level at full pos and full neg pitch in the full range of travel. Now about the ESC I've never ran a Talon ESC so I've never had to do this with the throttle in Travel Adjust, but if it's just the throttle travel being adjusted for ESC to arm, it will not affect any other flight characteristics of the heli. As you're not adjusting any of the other subtrims in the menu except for throttle endpoints so that the ESC sees them correctly.

Servo Sub Trim is to adjust the centre point of the servo, and not used to keep the swash level at min and max pitch!

you level the swash at centre stick and it will keep level through its full range of movement if all is set up well

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I know that Slobberdog, in the actual subtrim menu that's for adjusting the center of the servo, but in the Travel adj menu, that subtrim menu is used to maintain a level swashplate at full pos and full neg pitch!

Tony

Staff member
DR you can adjust on the fly. Travel Adjust, or End Point is the MAX. By the way, there is no need to yell.

Tony

Staff member
You gave up rage? Dude! lmao. I still rage every chance I get. You should see my FB page lmao. It's all good, I get bored and have to type something. This time, it was that lmao.

Top Bottom