General Transmitters /receviers/ Gyros

putang

Ok it looks like that buying these German made transmitter /receivers was a waste of money . not many people can help with them . so what should I do . well go to the community's and ask then what they all use . I have a thunder tiger raptor 550 E , and a t-rex 550x the trex has the beast gyro , and the thunder tiger came with nothing . so right now I have installed a falcon 12 receiver hott and my transmitter is a graupner mz-12 pro. I also purchased the ace rc gt5.2 gyro. I also purchased the ikon 2 that I could use on it . so I need 2 receivers and a good name transmitter that I could use on these helicopters . so what are you all using .

putang

graupner mz 12 pro with the falcon 12 hott . it just doesn't seem to be as popular as say spektrum transmitter and receivers .or fly sky and I know the lack of skill on my part .

Admiral

Actually your Graupner MZ-12 Pro is one of the better Transmitters and very well priced for the features that it has. The problem is it is not that popular, Spektrum and Futaba have the medium priced market share unless you want to high end and pay the price there is not much around to beat them. Flysky make a very good Tx in the lower priced market and is very popular with Quad flyers. I know I've probably missed somebody's favorite brand and for that I apologize.

If I had the Grauper I would stick with it, it will be a learning curve but while I've never owned one I believe it is a class Transmitter.

RandyDSok

I sort of agree with the others that since you've got the Graupner, you should go ahead and stay with it. Not being familiar with their lines, I can't speak of the quality of that specific model, but they've always been a well regarded brand so I doubt that has changed. No matter what brand you get, there is always a learning curve until you've gotten used to them.

I did see that you only get a basic manual with the radio and are expected to download the more complete one from online. Here is the "Part 2" manual for your radio ( and possibly receiver )... https://www.graupner.de/media/pdf/46/a4/e2/S1002-PRO_mz-125a310b5d5e92f.pdf

murankar

Staff member
Okay here is my 2 cents on this topic. I saw stay with it. You will eventually learn it. I gave you a great resource with Simone. I don't know how well @Geena knows her but there should be a away to get in touch with her.

Next, my first radio was a frsky th9x. This radio was an open source radio made by a few companies like hobby king. Anyhow no one on here knew how use it, so I buckled down to learn it. Then I flashed the radio with openrx, another hurdle to learn. So o went and wrote a how to on how to program the radio.

Next I upgraded to the Vcontrol. I had to learn it. So I buckled down again to learn it. Now in love it. If you didn't read my evaluating my hobby articles I was actually torn between the graupner and the Vcontrol. The Graupner is a great radio if you take the time to learn it. One thing for sure, read the book. Don't be looking for the quick answer, it won't teach anything.

You have a powerful radio with a rock solid set of hardware that will last.

putang

I did look up her name . simone zunterer . found one video in English on a goblin 700. the rest that I found were in German my German is a bit non existent but her English was very good. seemed to be a very smart lady .

Tony

Staff member
If you look into the programming of each brand of Tx, they are all pretty much going to be the same. You are going to have subtrim, you are going to have swash types, you are going to have travel adjustments and so on. It's just that they are in different places in the menu system and you need to find them. Once you know where the menu is, you can follow any Tx setup video and apply it to your system. It just takes time to learn something as complex as today's Computer Transmitters.

To answer your first question though, I use a DX9 Black Edition and love it. I also loved my DX8, both by Spektrum. The DX8G2 is just like my DX9 but missing a channel and a little cheaper. URI has a DX6 which is a good entry level. Jarod uses the Spektrum IX12 which is a new Tx to hit the market. If you don't like waiting for android to boot, don't get this Tx lol.

And yes, those are all Spektrum. Randy has Futaba. But in all seriousness, I would stick with what you have and just take the time to learn it. Yes it is frustrating at times, but I find that part of the challenge lol.

putang

yes I here what you guys are saying. and I will stick with it . maybe later on down the road I may change and up grade. like to day I was trying to center the sticks in the center . and there is a hidden sub menu that has this stick centering and I got it locked on a high throttle . so every time I turned it on I would get a warning that the throttle was high even though it wasn't. had to g back to the stock settings and still kept getting the warning . finally got it straighten out. in there two manuals they show different icons in the book that are different in the transmitter . also the servos have what I call creep after making them move and returning the sticks to center position and throttle down the servos keep moving the same goes for the rudder. so the transmitter has this bar graph that shows the transmitter moving the servos from the left to the right but not the rudder tried changing the frequencies no luck . the tail rotor servo moves from slightly pointing to the boom and moving the rudder stick to the left gives me full rotation the out side if you let go of the stick it centers it self and the servo will keep moving in ward till it stops maybe that is center on the servo. I don't know but will keep trying . wow that's long

putang

I will find some way of making it work. I hope ! that's why the t-rex 550x is still in its box. I am afraid that if I buy another transmitter that means 2 more receivers and a whole lot more learning .

murankar

Staff member
Its going to take a little to get to months radio and how things act. That servo creep could be just because its on the bench.

It could also be just a centering function. Who knows. I just had a long army weekend and I have a bunch of stuff to do. So I may not be able the look into this for a little while.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you for your support.

I still have a bunch of stuff to get done. I hope to maybe look into this this weekend.

putang

I want to thank you guys for your help . I think I have most of it straighten out now . the hidden sub menu on stick centering had very little on how to use it. but after some trial and error I figured it out when opening it up it will show you stick position with small flashing arrows move stick in that position and hold it then hit the enter button then it will highlight the center hit enter it will move the arrows down move stick down then to the left ,center.right. then process starts all over for the other stick . the servo moves the rudder a full travel from pointing to boom then to the out side the problem there seems to be no center to the servo. and if it is all the way pointing away from the boom the servo makes a buzzing sound like there's a load on it. just a slight stick movement and it stops . thank you for all your help . I hope I figure the rest out .

putang

Well I got my problem fixed with the tail servo . graupner USA helped me .I want to give a shout out to many at graupner USA and to all who helped me on this web site .It was the tail limit a-b a was at 200 and be was at 50 equaled them out and done now for elev trim, collective trim and axis assignment roll right ,nick push, tail right . looks like a lot of work . so thank you to all

putang

yesterday I found a web page or face book or one of those types of places for simone zunterer. sent her a Facebook like . and a email . and she sent me this reply .that was very nice of her . she was spot on with what graupner USA help me with . thank you all again .
Hi Robert,

A long distance diagnostic is more than hard to do. I can only estimate.

Changing the frequency of your servo shouldnt solve the problem. If you set the wrong frequency in your fbl, then the servo shouldnt move. You know you have the right frequency when the servo reacts to your inputs.

A binding sound when reaching the full stick input should be a clear sign that the servo wants to travel further but cant as it reaches the mecanical possibilites. So go into your fbl and adjust the values for both directions.

If it is what i think, then it should solve the problem.

Best wishes from Germany
Simone

murankar

Staff member
Hey, glad I was able to give you that contact. I am also glad she was able to respond and help you.

Congrats on the problem solving.

Top Bottom