General Transmitter trays

hoverinabout

Couldn'tfind a suitable sub forum for this but if the mods want to move, please go ahead.

Not sure how (uin)popular transmitter trays are in the US but they are very popular in mainland Europe, especially Germany. Less popular in the UK but, having started out just holding a transmitter then progressingto a nneck strap, the thought of RSI made me look at trays.

I'm a full on convert now and wouldn't fly without one. My current tray is a pretty generic affair and I feel like I could do with something a little bigger with wider wrist supports.

Problem is, there lots of trays for futabas, hitec, graupner et all but virtually none for JR especially the XG8! I'm also wanting something with an extension so I can clip a stopwatch, mobile cell phone or small tablet to. Although the XG8 has a countdown timer on it, the screen is low down and perhaps my belly overhangs the tray obstructing the ability to see it easily.

I've seen some V1 Trays that seem to fit the bill. Has anyone experience of the V1 Tray (made by secraft)? Are they decent quality, heavy , nicely balanced etc?

Thanks for any comments!

Lee

I don't know of anyone thats a tray user on here mate.
Maybe you can enlighten us, and post up some pictures of your tray and the other options.

hoverinabout

I don't know of anyone thats a tray user on here mate.
Maybe you can enlighten us, and post up some pictures of your tray and the other options.

Wow! That does surprise me! Yeah I'll try and get some pictures up at weekend. I'm away from home with the tablet so not as easy to do.

murankar

Staff member
I have thought about using a tray but never made the switch.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hoverinabout

I have thought about using a tray but never made the switch.

I've flown planes, gliders and helix and just used a neck strap or just held the transmitter. But I feel the most comfortable with a tray especially as transmitters nowadays are festooned with switches and levers!

Lots of people think you can't fly thumbs only or fingers and thumbs but, they just need to find the right tray. Some trays have wrist supports (the type I prefer) while some are like extended neckstraps with no wrist supports.

Some people can't get used to them but I'm not sure how long they tried or whether they bought the right 'style' for their method of holding the sticks. Must admit, I wouldn't go back to a neck strap though.

pvolcko

If I got a tray, it better be big enough to hold a pint (root beer, of course) and a sammich. Get myself a gasser and be out there for 30 minutes at a go. :)

murankar

Staff member
Most tray users fly pinch, i think. If your doing long Flights yeah a tray would be nice. You maybe able to get away with a Specktrum tray.

Tony

Staff member
Everyone should pinch. Took me two months to reteach myself how to fly, and once I was able to pinch, my flying got a lot better and more controlled.

hoverinabout

Sorry, been remiss of me not to post a pic of my tray. As I said, just a basic one. Nice wrist supports and comfortable to wear although Im thinking of upgrading to a secraft tray.

tray.jpg

tray.jpg

Top Bottom