450 Trainin gear common sense.

Bruno

I am sure this is realized by most......I have been using training gear on my 450s (Align sport & pro) for a while for various reasons. I took the gear of today. Wow.....what a difference with improved flight characteristics, responsiveness and gyro performance. I thought I would post this at least for the noobies (of which I consider myself).

Great flights to all!! :eagerness::eagerness::

Derek

This is very true! I had training gear on my 500 for quite some time, for obvious reasons, and I began to get more and more comfortable. I took the gear off and yes...it was an amazing difference. The flight characteristics and responsiveness greatly improved.

Yes, the training gear helped me out, in the beginning, but it's just an amazing difference. I had no idea that the training gear effected the helicopter so much.

llommel

Thanks for the great tip. I've never taken my training gear off yet for the same reasons. Will be giving that a try.

Tony

Staff member
If/when you take the training gear off, raise your expo up about 5% to compensate. It will become a lot more reactive. But it will feel like a whole new helicopter.

apashack

I will be adding training gear to my Blade 450 in the morning. If all goes well I plan to test fly it by mid-day.

Top Bottom