1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum Trainer port cable mod

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by bigone5500, May 24, 2017.

< SAFE and the DX6e | DX8 Gen1 scroll pb sw part #? >
  1. bigone5500

bigone5500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I just found out that my Tx for my Blade CP is compatible with the Phoenix sim. However, I need a mini din adapter. I have a mini din cable but need to know how to modify the end for the female mono jack.

2. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    To late to edit:

I have the cable that came with my copy of RF 7.5. One end is rectangular with 6 pins. The other end is a 1/8 mono plug/jack. There must be some digital stuff going on in the Tx and/or PC cable. I'm researching it online but have yet to find anything useful. All I can find as of yet is some mini din to arduino.

3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Can you explain in detail what it is that you are trying to do?

4. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    I have the Tx that came with the Blade CP. According to the Phoenix sim website, it is compatible but will require a mini din adapter. I have a cable that has a mini din plug on each end. I want to cut one end off and connect a 1/8 mono plug (like what headphones have but two conductors). The mini din has 4 conductors and the outer shield. I don't know what wires to connect to what. If someone has this adapter, a quick continuity check would be helpful. There are two conductors on the phono end and 5 on the other...how can this be without it being digital, assuming that is already is.

5. Tony

Blog Posts:
    If I had this in my hand, I would get a pinout for you. But right now, I'm lost lol.

6. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    I have continued looking and believe I found what I am looking for. There are many pinouts for many different Tx and phono plugs.

R/C transmitter buddy box plugs, pin assignment - MFTech

Scroll to the bottom to the Eflite pinout. I think I got this baby!!!! Sim Sunday here I come!

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Keep us posted on how it goes.

8. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    Sure thing!

< SAFE and the DX6e | DX8 Gen1 scroll pb sw part #? >