Tony

Staff member
Good deal, I like the ideas you put into this. Doing just what I want people to do, make it their own and do what works best for them. Thanks for posting this up!

llommel

Tony, when you set the trim tabs on the DX6i, are the trim tab settings stored in memory for that model or do the trim tab settings have to be reset if you have changed them for a different model?
Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
They will stay stored in the memory for that model. No need to readjust them once you get them correct.

murankar

Staff member
I think this is the first rch trainer o video that's not tony flying. Good job so whats your impression of this trainer?

wizzard363

I like it .
Its easy to fly and can do basic aerobatics well .
My landings are a bit average in this vid as I have been flying other models and this was my first flight with the trainer for over 3 weeks now.
The motor/prop combo I use is great and has more than enough power

Tony

Staff member
Sweet deal. I saw this video at work last night but read the "didn't have time to edit it down" so I waited until I got home to watch it. It looked like it flew really well but may have been just a hair nose heavy. If there are any suggestions you have for the plane, let me know and I will try them out. If they work, I will change the plans. Thanks for posting this.

wizzard363

It might have been a tad nose heavy in the vid , I did not take the time to get it perfect .
I was a bit rusty flying this as I have been flying my Multiplex Fun Cub the last few weeks and not had any time with this model for a while . The Cub floats in for landing a bit better than this does and it took a couple of flights to get the feel back.
Not sure if my changes should go on the plan.
The changes I made were to suit my needs and may not suit the way others want to do things .
The rudder /elevator was changed to suit the use of hinges and the motor is mounted a bit further forward on mine to allow for a greater CoG range.
I am not sure if mine is the size its meant to be as I think I stretched it a bit due to the way the plan printed .
The wingspan is 1200mm as that is the size of the foam sheets I used and it was close to the plan size and the fuse from motor mount to end is 795mm (just the fuse , not including elevator or cowl)
If I have made the fuse longer than intended then that will explain why I had to move the motor a bit further forward to ofset the weight of the tail.
I enjoy flying this model and hope to get a few hours on it .
It realy is a simple to build and easy to fly trainer

Top Bottom