General TRACX head replaced for now. saw a flaw

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Elevator forward tic tocs would become elevator ailero mixed tic tocs.. Had a friend look at my fingers to he could tell if my hands were going sideways making the tic toc caddy whompus

Well.. it wasnt..

So it had to be in the heli s the same gyro is running on three birds, and this one was the only one doing it.

Here is the video

Tracx head .50 flaw - YouTube

So . you may ask.. how are 6hv and 7hv doing so well ?? As my last research revealed (when I was hunting for grip arms for this bird Vibe 50) .. I had found that the 7HV arms are smaller than 6HV and those are smaller than .50 size generic. So please dont think I am knocking on those birds. I am not. This is JUST for the generic .50 size and arms

The arms in my opinion are too long.. The two metal threaded rods that go in the two ends go only so far in, and after that there is simply a Delrin tube which is almost a third of the length..

That said.. there seems to be too much unsupported arm, and that movement you see in the video is not that much force I am putting on the swash .. The swash is subjected to far greater forces trying t move the head weight around.

So.. for now, I have just changed over to a generic FBL style head with a swash follower. Hoping to hear back from y'all soon. I do already see that the swash follower design is so much better at being stiff and not letting the swash change the phasing angle of the swash.

I got this idea from flying my Whiplash .. I had got caught in the upgraded designs. new new new.. but ... realized that my Whiplash is a swash follower type design.. It flies beautifully. tracks.. never skips a beat on obeying command. Why not my Vibe. I had to give the older head designa shot.

Tracx design compared to generic FBL swash follower - YouTube

This is in the Heicopter beginner section because I want every one to see this, as new designs are not always good :D .. Old design, is a old. but please always keep in mind that new might not be better :) Yes I have to set phasing in the swash follower, do one extra step to make sure the swash arms are straight on the swash balls and no phasing delta is there. almost like checking timing on cars :D

Again.. I am not knocking on Align DFC or Compass TRACX.. this is something you ought to check on your helis on a regular basis.. Make sure you dont have a swash play..

Top Bottom