600 Tracx fbl head made my Compass is here!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I gotta say ! Man ! The machining and metal quality is second to none!! Just beefy as beefy could be and ohh so good!

Took it apart for checking for loctite and bearings and bearings are basically new ... And no slop or wiggle in the head whatsoever! I am excited to pop this on my vibe and take it for a whirl!!

Here is what it looks like! :)

Those Rods going to the swash are Delrin .... Means swash doesn't see a lot of the pressure and so the servos work freely with lower load in comparison to other dfc designs ;)

Check this out !!

image-2794668167.jpg

image-3939270716.jpg

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

image-2794668167.jpg

image-3939270716.jpg

stokke

Sweet :D Did you have to swap out the main shaft as well, or does it fit on the original JR shaft?

Lee

Yep thats is the exact same head i have on the Chaos, but its called the Black Widow from RCAerodyne $89. How much was that Gaba?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Stokke ---- I didn't swap main shafts. I kept my vibe's original. So that means now my head is still lower than usual, and my swash had to be highered by about 10mm lol that meant I am nowhere at manual rod lengths and such anymore but! The head is a straight fit, has two mounting holes, I am good with how low it is, of you don't like it you can mount it 5mm higher. It's great!! I am having some issues with swash ball sizes right now. So I am dealing with that ;) but I finally got zero pitch on both grips and leveled my swash after higheribg it.. I am getting 10.5 up abd down in pitch right out of the box, just needs 7200bx reprogramming ;) love the looks and feel man! It is SOLID!!

Lee: new head is 149.99 with everything. You know I don't pay that lmao . So.. I paid 70 for this shipped. He actually threw in extras with like an align 600 swash. Which will be going up to sale with my rjx head if this head flies good. :)

You can just convert your arms to Delrin arms that you can get from compass or nankinhobbies for 9.99 .. I have read it'll really makes a difference in crash costs and servo gear stripping and what not :)

People using black widow head actually converted to Delrin arms. Cause rest is the same ..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Alright!!! :) the tracx head is all set

Had some hiccups!! Man!!! The swash balls were too small but needed a 2.5 mm rod which only comes for 700 size helis and this head wouldn't take any else. The swash balls were too small for that swash link... I was close to literally drilling a hole in my swash when I went to my lhs and he said you have the whole shop, look around open a packet ... Doesn't work, close the package back up and you didn't buy it ;) and I was so happy! I love my lhs!! Love aero hobbies!

So., I went isle to isle looking for swash balls and swash ball linkages....

Long story short... My swash balls are from Gaui x5 and the swash ball connectors are from the RAVE 700!!

Lol talk about FRANKEN(STEIN)-heli!! Hahahahha

But I got the 7200 to understand the geometry and man!! My pitches came right at 12 degrees flat....

Even Marius's favorite menu item "J" on the beastx for pitch geometry... Came blue at 6degrees... !

Hopefully the maiden tomorrow!!

;)

image-4149266039.jpg

image-3662700281.jpg

image-4149266039.jpg

image-3662700281.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Looking good. Here's hoping you have better luck than some on this site on your flight.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Immaculate flights today!!! Just mind blowing!! Such a difference ... And I guess I had some phasing issues with my rjx head. All resolved with this design. Blades tracked like a charm.. So locked in!! Flew a quart of fuel .. ~2.75 tanks..
7200 gain will need to come down a teeny bit..

Got two videos of two flights 8 minutes each. Gonna upload and post soon. Third tank was just me puttering around and relaxing :). :)

Lee

I had a similar issue with my head gaba. The head links are for a 700 but the swash balls are 600 size. I had to order a set of 700 ball links to make it work. The head was suppose to come with the balls, but they must have forgotten.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Looking good there Gaba :D
Do you feel any difference in behavior?

I do man. ESP going on this bird from flybarred to fbl on rjx to fbl with tracx (dfc type design) with a lower head... The responsiveness is just crazy!! It's ridiculously locked in...

Better than rjx... :) it's like you touch the control and the heli moves with the sticks... It's like dancing in the air.

It feels like I am saying too much. But I am just fell in love with this bird .. Again! ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lowest setting on what? Responsiveness? I have it set to Tx.. If you are referring to the parameter menu (blinking B I think) I set it to Tx. I prefer using my own d/r and expos :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh and if you are asking about the head block holes ... (I just realized that could also be the question... As black widow has three settings)

Compass only has two. I have it on the lowest. :)

Lee

Thats what i was talking about, the head. I cant set up the links on the lowest setting, without cutting down the control arms to get the swash level.

Top Bottom