450 Tool Storage

Hi all, like most at the begining of this hobby I have found myself aquiring quite a few tools & things other than just parts. So now I have been setting up a little work station in my garage & found that I need somewhere to put all ofbmy small tools other than all over so do anybof you have ideas on smaller hobby sized tool boxes [with a few drawers] that isnt full sized width as the boxes you see normally in a garage or any other ideas for tool storage? I was thinking of drilling holes in a large block of wood for some like screw drivere & soldering iron etc but it still leaves me with pliers and when I want to have everything off the bench.

My father mentionef that he saw a nice small 3 drawer tool box over at lowes that might do the trick, I'd still be very interedted in your ideas for this dilema that most of you have already dealt with while building a collection of hobby specific tools. Thanks Tom

cn63bug

I use a tackle box. Has a lot of dividers and space in the top for sorting just about all my parts and tools. Try looking for a Plano 787 on Academy Sports website. It works well for carrying everything. :)

Graham Lawrie

I have filled one box with parts and tools for 450. Also using a ski boot box the 600 came in for parts and spares for it. I to am looking for the perfect box. Not found it yet though:)

Diederik

I put up a wooden board against the wall with different size clamps where I hang all my tools right in front of me. never have to look for anything as it is displayed. When i go flying away from home or for a long weekend I just put it all in a toolbox and off I go.

pj1969

well believe it or not i use a magnetic knife rack out of my kitchen for all my screw drivers and hex drivers, it also keeps them magnetic, so the tiny little nuts and bolts dont fall off when your trying to fit elevator horns lol. For my 450 bits and bobs, i use a cheap little sectioned box i had from a local discount store for £1 about $1.50. its got about 15 differnt size little sections and is great for nuts, bolts, shafts, bearing the lot. really handy and locks shut too. you also could try your local fishing tackle store, they will have some great boxes with tiers in, so you can look the part too. Hope this helps

Tony

Staff member
i as well use a tackle box. Perfect for this hobby. I have one for all of my tools, then another one with all the nuts and bolts. Works great.

Top Bottom