Took The Day Off Today

murankar

Staff member
At $9 and hour I cant afford to take a day off. Today I had to there was no way around this. One of my co-workers was involved with a serious accident. She was faced with an on coming car in her lane. She swerved to miss the on coming car and that car hit a van of 6 people that was behind her. No one survived the accident and they were all friends of hers. They were on their way back from a weekend outing or retreat. That was last weekend, Fathers day weekend and today she returned to work. Now under normal circumstances I can deal with her. She has a very big chip on her shoulder and she thinks everyone is out to get her. When in reality she is making her own noose so to speak.

In the past I have had to express to her a number of times that she cant treat me the way she does. I have stood my ground respectfully and every time i do she adjusts her attitude towards me. It took he no less than 15 minutes to start criticizing the work I did while she was out. I ran her department for a week, with out issue or flaw. While I am not perfect nor do i know it all but I do take great pride in the work I do happen to do. Anyhow she asked why the grass didn't get cut at the bus garage. I said we missed on spot but other that that it got cut last Tuesday. She then asked why it was so long. I replied because it rained on 4 different days and it grew. Eventually I told her I cut it at 4 inches and she asked why and I said to control weeds. She then said thats why you cut it short. At that point I told her I wasn't going to argue with her and I left for the day. Oh and she asked if I was a landscaper and I kept my mouth shut.

There is nothing I can say or for this woman to make her happy. I have been trying since April to work with her and I have failed. I have a hard time letting someone degrade me day in and day out. I have been through way to much crap to have to deal with a middle aged woman who thinks everyone is out to get her.

Tony

Staff member
You just have to love people like that. I would usually feel really bad for someone that went though something like that, and I do, but still no reason to act the way she does. Just one of those things in life you have to deal with. And it sucks.

Top Bottom