Took the 700 out today

Derek

That's some really good flying! How do you do those slow/tight funnels? Is that more cyclic and less collective? I try to do them on the simulator but my results just aren't quite right. I can do fast/wide funnels but I haven't figured out the slow/tighter funnels.

Thanks for sharing the video! That was great!

xokia

That's some really good flying! How do you do those slow/tight funnels? Is that more cyclic and less collective? I try to do them on the simulator but my results just aren't quite right. I can do fast/wide funnels but I haven't figured out the slow/tighter funnels.

Thanks for sharing the video! That was great!
I'm not that good with keeping funnels in one location they tend to drift on me. But you don't use much collective at all for fast funnels or slow funnels. Its mostly cyclic and getting the rudder correct.

Derek

are you using the rudder as a part of the maneuver or are you using the rudder to keep the nose up and the tail down?

xokia

are you using the rudder as a part of the maneuver or are you using the rudder to keep the nose up and the tail down?

So you use the rudder to control how "tight" of a funnel you do. I start off moving the heli to the left with left cyclic. Then once it starts moving to the left move the cyclic to the right and apply a small amount of left rudder. If I want a tight funnel move the cyclic further to the right and some more left rudder.

I'm self taught so I don't know if there is a better way. It's what works for me but I still have a lot to learn myself. I don't mess with the simulator much. I got frustrated with being able to do things in real life and not being able to do them in the simulator. I decided I didn't want to become an expert simulator flier and I'd rather learn in real life anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom