Tonys RC flight school

This thread may be in the wrong place, but I'm sure Tony will move it of so

This is mainly for those of you who are following Tonys excellent lessons on flying helis.. Or who are learning to fly

I'm up to lesson 11, the vids so far have been excellent, but they STOP there, I've pm'D Tony to find out why, basically down to time, but if enough ppl out there nag him he will definitely finish the vids off..

So please all you learners comment on this thread to get Tony to finish these off, all you learning guests, become members, pay some dues and help get these training lessons finished...

Nag, nag, nag

Lol

Thanks to Tony for what he's done so far, but finish them......

Happy flying

murankar

Staff member
If i am not mistaken he did have them. I think what happened was quality of video. He is also thinking of redoing them.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

he does have them up to lesson 11, but has not finished all the vids, ive had a chat with him via PM's and he will finish the current ones first i think when he gets time, i need new pilots to vote for the rest of the vids..

they are just getting interesting with side hovers but no vids...

thanks

Tony

Staff member
Matt (callsign) and I did go out and Matt did the flying while I recorded. But the quality of the video was crap and I just deleted it. I need to set it up the way I had it, or better yet, get an actual camera person out there to video the flights. I"m thinking just a simple tripod will do though. If I can keep that damn little rat dog out of the video... Almost took her head off the other day with the 450.

I've watched all those training vids so far and didn't think the quality was all that bad, certainly watchable, and most of all I could learn from them....

My BIGGEST fear is orientation, sim is great, easy, real life is terrifying, too much adrenaline rushing threw my veins...lol

I'll keep nagging Tony, no worries mate..lol

- - - Updated - - -

And guess where those videos stopped, yeah lesson 12, orientation.... Just my luck eh!

Tony

Staff member
No no, I made the videos for the forward flight, side in, nose in and so on. But the quality was horrible. So I trashed them. Pretty much, I completed (or we, I should say) them, but they were just crap. And didn't have much time after that. I think Matt is coming over Friday to get some frags from me, I may have him do some filming for me. After all, I am flying his helicopter lmao.

sounds brilliant, im sure theres more than me who wants these vids done, shame no-one is commenting, but you will get one pilot out of the "Novice" category im sure....lol

thanks to you and Matt

Tony

Staff member
Well as I have stated, I have meant to get these done for quite some time now. I can't remember where I put the script that I printed up... I had every step all printed out so that I could stand at teh field (or in my field) and just read the script, then follow it up with a flight. Going to need to find that...

Well as I have stated, I have meant to get these done for quite some time now. I can't remember where I put the script that I printed up... I had every step all printed out so that I could stand at teh field (or in my field) and just read the script, then follow it up with a flight. Going to need to find that...

I'm sure you will get them done Tony, I appreciate it, certainly will when I can fly with some confidence, practice practice practice... And some good training vids....

I realise your a busy chap...

Tony

Staff member
Way too busy for my own good. And even if I was not that busy, the wind this week has been horrible for flying. But I"m working on trying to find the time.

Top Bottom