Micro Tony's mCP-X Saga...

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure that most everyone on here knows I own the mCP-X. You may also know that I have upgraded it with a carbon fiber frame, brushless motor, and thanks to the member "Adam", I have a set of KBDD main blades on it.

The issue I have been having is with the tail. When I did the brushless conversion on the main motor, I put the 120sr tail on it. Let me tell you, when it worked, it was the most solid tail that I have ever seen. Then it died, after only 10 flights. So I put the dual tail mod on it. This worked well for a while.

If you check out the "Official Grass Cutting Video Thread", in that video I posted, I did some inverted grass cutting and the tail was holding fine. Well I wanted to get something better on video so I went back out with fresh batteries. The top tail motor broke off, the blades cut the wires to the only other tail motor that was still securely attached and it went down in a blaze of glory so to speak lol.

This ended up taking out the two tail motors, and the landing skids. I'm still having an issue with the swash, but it's just old and worn out and I need to replace it. Just have not gotten around to it.

This thread is just to chat about the mCP-X and what I'm doing with it now.

At this time, I have the neon green / yellow main blades on it as well as the skids that were donated by Adam. I'm charging the batteries right now and we are going to go out on this cold morning and see what it will do. I also have the DX8 charging as well.

So the next post in this thread by me should be an update on how the flight(s) went. I'm hoping I get more than one anyway lmao.

Tony

Staff member
And the saga continues. Spooled it up and found out the main gear was low. Pushed it back up and went into the air just doing simple circuits. As I was coming back across in front of me in a highly banked turn, the heli caught a glitch. This happened before. I kept flying as I was able to save it. I was able to run the whole battery out with only 10 seconds left on my timer. I was doing some basic loops, rolls, inverted near teh ground and the like as usual. Well, the last time I want inverted I caught another very big glitch, blew out the tail and she went down. Had to go out into the field to get it. Not sure what is causing it, but i"m afraid the board may be trying to go out.

I want to add that I was catching the glitch throughout the whole 3 minutes of flight. Nothing I could do but deal with it. I'm worried this poor heli may be beyond repair but we will see.

Tony

Staff member
It's litterally a glitch. The thing, either aileron or elevator, will twitch about 90º. But not always that far, sometimes its' only 45º, but it happens fast, really fast. So I call it a glitch. Now that I have gotten a little sleep, I may want to check my solder connection on the antenna on the board... I have seen those come loose.

Lee

I know you've cleaned those servos before. I use alcohol and then lift those metal fingers up a bit to make really positive contact.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is exactly how I cleaned them. The only thing I did not do is put the dielectric grease back on them. But I don't think the servos are causing this. If you remember, when I cleaned the servos, I was getting a wobble. This time, there is no wobble, it's just a jerk. In the video with the grass cutting, it was happening on collective, now it's on the cyclic. Maybe Gaba should send me the board he has lol.

Top Bottom