Tonight's Work

bigone5500

Includes cleaning some old nitro engines. They are a Cox .049, Fox .40, and Hirtenberger .60.

There is some history with the hirtenberger. I have 32 scars on my right hand to prove it!

15369595332393852117258112614566.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Man, I have been looking for a couple of those .049 Cox engines and the ones that are out there are way over priced. Keep that one! I definitely want to hear that thing run!

bigone5500

I worked on cleaning it and thought the good off stuff would work well. It did but ruined the fuel tube inside the tank. It swelled the point where it connects to the rear of the tank. I can get replacement parts for it but not sure if I will. This one came with a foam plane I got many years ago. Sometime around 1990. The plane had an AM TX that only had one button. I still have the servo box and TX too. If I can remember I will get a photo of them for you.

bigone5500

My real intention was to get these cleaned up as they have been sitting in storage for a long time. I didn't want anything to happen to them from being neglected. I don't have any fuel to run them on so I won't be starting them. I've never ran the Fox engine before so I don't know if it's any good. It and the HP engine were given to me by my neighbor. The HP motor runs nicely though...until it rips right across your fingers.

Tony

Staff member
Well you are not supposed to try to stop the prop with your finger lol. Not funny, but you know. I have been caught by these things too, just not that severe.

I have fuel here at the house. Come on up :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
Slacker. I drove 11.5 hours yesterday getting the crap beat out of me because the trailer was heavier than the tractor lol.

bigone5500

I went back to walmart today and found that the good off I had originally got for $4 a can is now $2.50. I got the last two cans. This stuff is better than goo gone. Although it's not quite as safe.

1537143712958737143306212043107.jpg

Top Bottom